Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Supercharged 355 problem

FUN304

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ss

FUN304

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ss
I've got a crane hi6 and coil to throw on and I'll replace the dizzy cap and rotor button and go from there.

Thanks for the help people

FUN304

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ss
Also when the tuner took the blower belt off and unhooked the pipework to the throttle body and changed the injectors to LS1 injectors he said there wasn't a problem and thats why we thought injectors and put on a new set of bosch 42lbs.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
What map sensor are you running, or think you are running

Hunter SS

Growing Old Disgracefully
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS
What map sensor are you running, or think you are running

i was just thinking that..... i was told that a stock MAP sensor is only good for about 6 to 8 psi.

FUN304

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ss
2bar, tuner just put one in as I thought it already had one but he thought it didn't. It seems totally fine once I get over 2300.

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
i was just thinking that..... i was told that a stock MAP sensor is only good for about 6 to 8 psi.

stock map sensor is good for 0 psi. also, as for you thinking it already had one, did you change the map sensor at all from before it was supercharged?

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
i highly doubt it map sensor otherwise it wouldnt be any good all over the rev range. Since you say tune is good it will be fuel or spark related (possibly tune aswell)

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
if it doesnt do it when cold ide say maybe a tuning issue might have a lean spot just there in that vacuam range

FUN304

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ss
stock map sensor is good for 0 psi. also, as for you thinking it already had one, did you change the map sensor at all from before it was supercharged?

Went to a 2bar along time ago when I first put a V2 on, then agian just recently another one when it was tuned with the V7 as the tuner thought map sensor