Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Supercharged LSA pulls 291rwkw on dyno

blown

Reaction score
Members Ride
n/a
Considering the engine is almost 30% larger in capacity, why does it only make 10% more power then the Ford you hate so much?

Cmon dude, that's way too much maths. We all know Holden folk aren't good with numbers. Stating wrong power figures on badges, over spending, asking for half a billion dollars.

and did I spot a thread on a forum where a 325 E3 GTS pulled 240rwkw, thats roughly 280fwkw. Where's the 325 come from then? Lol. I could go on all day.

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
17% loss is bull. More like 25-30% in the real world, and autos more than manuals.
307kw VE will pull around 220atw, so do your sums.

And, who cares if it beats, or is flogged by the Ford, or cant lap the local street as quick as a Barina. If I want one, I will buy it. End of story.

blown

Reaction score
Members Ride
n/a
As I stated the 17% was being generous, for the underpowered car's sake. 220atw kw doesn't equal 307fwkw. So where are the numbers coming from?

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
6L80e is closer to 27% using SAE J1349. Shirley, you can't be serious about Fords still being in the running?!

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
17% loss is bull. More like 25-30% in the real world, and autos more than manuals.
307kw VE will pull around 220atw, so do your sums.

And, who cares if it beats, or is flogged by the Ford, or cant lap the local street as quick as a Barina. If I want one, I will buy it. End of story.
Does that mean Ford understate numbers? Mine is 270fwkw standard and made 232rwkw. GT's are 335fwkw and pull 320rwkw:p
As said tho, numbers wouldn't be the deciding factor for someone willing to drop $100k on a Holden, the only ones that care are those that will never afford one.

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
I think both camps dont tell the true story(which ever way you want to look at it)
And, totally agree with your last statement. I have said it in other forums, most people who buy these type of cars dont know what the power thing, or 1/4 mile times are. Its a look at me thing.
People the wife knows are getting rid of their E3, and getting a VF GTS. Because they can.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Does that mean Ford understate numbers?
Nobody cares, a bit off topic.
As said tho, numbers wouldn't be the deciding factor for someone willing to drop $100k on a Holden, the only ones that care are those that will never afford one.

The figures justify the expenditure, such that two years ago I was deciding on which grand tourer between two lauded German marques at around $100k versus $56k for the local SSV. Traveling 1200km/week as required business expense there is no challenge, ecstatic with my decision (obviously), so with the refinements, redesign and remarkable performance of the VF and Gen-F am genuinely excited to renew the lease at the end of year.

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
Given that the SS ute is faster than almost everything on the road (see post re 8:19 Nürburgring), at a fraction of the price, yeah... I can't wait to get my hands on the fastest, most powerful Aussie car ever as well.
BTW I don't think peak kw is a fair measure either, else Ford would have been in the running with a GTHO Phase Five or some such. They didn't, couldn't make it world competitive, they are out.

Have you actually driven the nurburg ring? If you had, you would realise that fast lap times are irrevant to KW & torque.