Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Supercharged LSA pulls 291rwkw on dyno

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
I love that you are still making up stuff about Holdens, and trying to appear unbiased by inventing a troll.

no need for airstrike to be inventing trolls, you're already here!!

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
Now if we take the result of 291rwkw and calculate it with a generous 17% drivetrain loss from the motor, the motor is pulling 340fwkw.

So where is this 430kw they are claiming coming from?

You're way off with the drivetrain losses. It's more like 25%-30%. i.e the rwkw is about 0.7 x the fwkw.

So fwkw x 0.7 = 291
Therefore fwkw = 291/0.7 = 416 kW.

That's getting close to the claimed 430kW.

291 sounds low because it starts with a '2'..

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
Maybe the blower is running backwards? Those are piss poor figures from a blown 6.2. a decent CAM would get better figures.

blown

Reaction score
Members Ride
n/a
So basically my little baby 5.0l was actually 430fwkw rather than fpv's claimed 315?

Wow. 6.2l, $100k and power wise hsv are still behind the 8 ball. Although admittedly we are going by heresay figures for the HSV. Still if the video I posted is anything to go by, then that's quite embarrassing for the capacity and how talked up it is being.

I know of people buying it just solely on the power figures, ti stick it to ford. They will disappointed.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
So basically my little baby 5.0l was actually 430fwkw rather than fpv's claimed 315?

Wow. 6.2l, $100k and power wise hsv are still behind the 8 ball. Although admittedly we are going by heresay figures for the HSV. Still if the video I posted is anything to go by, then that's quite embarrassing for the capwcitt and how talked up it is being.

Geezus man, give it a break! Come on here register briefly late at night post a dodgy video and proceed with trolling comments - which was independently shown as incorrect within two fricken minutes and you are still trolling 15 hours later about your Ford in a Holden VE forum.
Whattup mods?

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
Thats 139kw in drivetrain loss....thats 2 whole small cars! Seriously now, its not the 90's. 30% drivetrain loss is a joke.

But i'll hold my comments until there is multiple dyno readings stating the same.

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt

Wow. 6.2l, $100k and power wise hsv are still behind the 8 ball. Although admittedly we are going by heresay figures for the HSV. Still if the video I posted is anything to go by, then that's quite embarrassing for the capacity and how talked up it is being.

I know of people buying it just solely on the power figures, ti stick it to ford. They will disappointed.

Gotta agree with pirate mate. Don't come onto a holden forum bagging holdens. Its poor form.

blown

Reaction score
Members Ride
n/a
How is the video I posted dodgy? If anything it's more credible than the one you posted.

I didn't come here to bag out holdens. Simply shedding some light on figures, and responding to replies directed at the video I posted.

no where did I bag holdens and say they are ****. I simply said their figures are clearly off, which has been backed up by other members here.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
How is the video I posted dodgy? If anything it's more credible than the one you posted.

I didn't come here to bag out holdens. Simply shedding some light on figures, and responding to replies directed at the video I posted.

no where did I bag holdens and say they are ****. I simply said their figures are clearly off, which has been backed up by other members here.

Keep digging. Semantics seem to be your only lifeline. Oh and the wankers who follow you.