Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Supercharged LSA pulls 291rwkw on dyno

blown

Reaction score
Members Ride
n/a
The same motor HSV is using for the Gen-F GTS has been dyno tested and tuned, with what I would call an... embarrassing result of 291rwkw stock, and 308rwkw tuned.

LSA Supercharged dyno tune - VCM Suite - YouTube

Now if we take the result of 291rwkw and calculate it with a generous 17% drivetrain loss from the motor, the motor is pulling 340fwkw.

So where is this 430kw they are claiming coming from?

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
As I have said before, Holden/HSV love a happy marketing dyno. I'll wait till I see more results.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Well tickle me parrot and blow me down. Something's wrong ref, the CTS-V gets 367rwkw!
VCM must've caned the ass of that Coupe running it in over the States or severely knackered its power getting compliance.
492 rwhp = 368rwkw x 1.17 (or more with new driveline) makes OVER 430 fwkw. Take a look:
[video=youtube_share;FnkwrF5wQNo]http://youtu.be/FnkwrF5wQNo[/video]
Avast Ford lubbers! Here comes the penultimate Aussie beast, the last of the V8 interceptors, the Gen-F GTS with even more torque at idle.

Last edited:

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Ahhh so it costs $100k and has an extra 1.2lts of capacity to make 30rwkw more then a GT..............think the Aussies have found the beast.
I'll reserve judgement for when I see results from a actual GTS.
As for idle torque, lol.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Given that the SS ute is faster than almost everything on the road (see post re 8:19 Nürburgring), at a fraction of the price, yeah... I can't wait to get my hands on the fastest, most powerful Aussie car ever as well.
BTW I don't think peak kw is a fair measure either, else Ford would have been in the running with a GTHO Phase Five or some such. They didn't, couldn't make it world competitive, they are out.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Given that the SS ute is faster than almost everything on the road (see post re 8:19 Nürburgring), at a fraction of the price, yeah... I can't wait to get my hands on the fastest, most powerful Aussie car ever as well.
BTW I don't think peak kw is a fair measure either, else Ford would have been in the running with a GTHO Phase Five or some such. They didn't, couldn't make it world competitive, they are out.
SS ute is faster then anything on the road based on a lap time at Nurburgring?
Dyno figures in general mean nothing, too easy to play with. I'll wait till the GTS is released, should be good for a low 11, high 10 quarter with all that idle torque.

blown

Reaction score
Members Ride
n/a
SS ute is faster then anything on the road based on a lap time at Nurburgring?
Dyno figures in general mean nothing, too easy to play with. I'll wait till the GTS is released, should be good for a low 11, high 10 quarter with all that idle torque.

Wasn't the Renault hatchback faster? Lol

BTW, the SS is the only UTE to log that time.

I guess we will wait and see the results of the GTS. Although I'm skeptical on how good it actually will be with the delays and engineering issues they have had. I think maybe it doesnt perform as good as they expected.

and 500lb ft of torque is laughable. Thats roughly 670nm for nearly 500hp. For comparison sakes, my GS pulled 383rwkw with a tune and 800nm of torque, for $51k.

For 1.2l more capacity I'd be very disappointed if it doesn't do marginally better.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
You joined last night to make this bogus post... Me parrot be smarter than ye, ye chum-smellin', filthy, daft wretch... Walk the gangplank!
You also sounds sushpishiarsely like that other bloke... Troll IGNORED.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Yeah but idle torque!!

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
I'll feed yer parrot t' the sharks, ye feckless, scabrous, scrappy Fordlubber... Hoist the anchor!