Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Supercharged or not supercharged

Keeffe

Reaction score
Members Ride
None ATM
Hi crummydoore lovers,

I am going to buy a VX2 S I have two in my sights one blown and one not.
I am worried about fuel costs in the blown VX, however I can buy them with identical K's 150,000 and for the same price.

Will I see a huge difference at the pump if I drive the blown girl smartly.

Cheers guys.

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
drive it normally and the fuel difference would be minimal. definately go the super 6 though

feg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S S/C
No contest if you ask me, If you want economy get something else. I would recommend the supercharged 6, but forget about driving it economically. If you are like me you end up giving it a bit of stick, just to hear that whistle.

It's just too much fun! In theory you could get good economy but it I don't think it will ever be as good as a NA 6.

fitz_vt

Pass Me A Wrench.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore SII Olympic Edition
for me it was almost the same choice in a Vt until i found out that you need a 95 RON or Premium petrol which is really expensive

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
A man needs to be blown !.

I have seen a Super6 with about 300kw run 14.5l/100 average. Now to me that's pretty good. But it does depend on how you drive it:D. With a pulley upgrade slapping down the door with 450Nm+. You can't help yourself:p.

fitz_vt

Pass Me A Wrench.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore SII Olympic Edition
A man needs to be blown !.

I have seen a Super6 with about 300kw run 14.5l/100 average. Now to me that's pretty good. But it does depend on how you drive it:D. With a pulley upgrade slapping down the door with 450Nm+. You can't help yourself:p.

oh yes nothing like the feel of raw power,

Keeffe

Reaction score
Members Ride
None ATM
Guys I have been looking at the fuel usage on redbook and for a stock vx2 they claim 6.6 on the highway and for the SV6 7.4. I am sure these values are for a car driving down hill with a tail wind and the engine off. But 14.5 litre per hundred is alot more than the 7.4 on the highway lol. I would be better off with a 5.7 if the SV6 uses that much. All I want is a cheap family sedan and for $7500 a fully loaded blown S pack with 150,000 ks sounds good but not at 14.5 litres per hundred. :( Magna, Maxima, Camry?

feg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S S/C
for me it was almost the same choice in a Vt until i found out that you need a 95 RON or Premium petrol which is really expensive

Yes thats a good point, It does sort of suck seeing a cheaper price for fuel right in front of your eyes as you have to pump in expensive stuff! I only run ultimate in mine... even more expensive!

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina

how is it really expensive? its an extra fuel dollars on a fuel that you should run on any engine, whether or not its supercharged. the additional kilometres gained per tank cover any extra cost anyway