Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

supercharged v6 fuel pump module??

Knight

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN TURBO
Hi guys need some tech help
ok whats the go with the s/c vx fuel pump module do i need it can it be bypassed or can i just run a after market fuel pump if so what fuel pump would be best for me.

OZ38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 T5 SDN & VY V6 M35 UTE
Knight said:
Hi guys need some tech help
ok whats the go with the s/c vx fuel pump module do i need it can it be bypassed or can i just run a after market fuel pump if so what fuel pump would be best for me.
The S/c VX Fuel pump unit is called a MRA which is fuel pump and fuel level sender together in the one module. This is linked up with a fuel pump controller in the supercharge models.

What is it you want to know ?

Knight

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN TURBO
im told that i need that fuel pump controler itsay fuel pump module in the book
what i wana no is do ineed it or as its for a conversion can i run no conttroler and just geta after market big fuel pump etc and how is the pcm going to re act

im also told that the fuel pump is difrent to or i think i seen a thread saying some thing like that

any one that has done a s/c v6 conversion in to any thing how did you go about fuel pump side did you keep it stock and run holden supercharged setup with the conttroler?

OZ38

Reaction score
Members Ride
The s/c pump is a roller-vane type and produces a higher pressure and litres per minute than the standard n/a pump. I know a few people now who have fitted these pumps and not worried about the controller. Wiring them up the same as a n/a pump just has them working at the higher speed all the time. Which doesn't seem to be a problem as the extra fuel just bypasses back to tank anyway. Two guys I know of just ran with their standard n/a pumps with a super6 conversion until they could change them to something bigger at a later date. The LS1 VY ute runs the same controller onto a centrifigul-turbine type pump which btw is the same type as the V6's run (Centrifigul-turbine).

Depends on which model too I suppose.
The VY can have three differences:

V6 engine......350kpa, 1.7 L/min @ 13.5 volts, current draw 7.4 Amps maximum.

V6 Supercharged engine......410kpa, 3.2 L/min @ 13.5 volts, current draw 18.0 Amps maximum.

V8 engine .......400kpa, 2.5 L/min @ 13.5 volts, current draw 9.6 Amps maximum.

Knight

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN TURBO
sweet thanks bud thats what i was lookin for

and what fuel pumps do you think i should use and should i go in or outa the tank ? thanks bud

OZ38

Reaction score
Members Ride
Knight said:
sweet thanks bud thats what i was lookin for

and what fuel pumps do you think i should use and should i go in or outa the tank ? thanks bud
Well if its for a L67 s/c V6 conversions I would just use the In tank S/c fuel pump assembley. You can even buy the controller if you can be bothered and work out how to wire that in. ( I wouldn't bother though ) Then you always could go surge tank and say a bosch in line pump but the Holden in tank would be less hassles.

What was it again a sedan ? What model ?

OZ38

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah the two speed set up of the s/c fuel pump was mainly there for in tank emission reasons and also helped keep the fuel cooler in tank. As the fuel was not continueously returning to tank at high pressure / flow stirring up the fuel in tank and warming it as well. This would create a bit more in tank emmissions so they gave it a slow speed setting for when the extra fuel wasn't needed.

T

Tradewind

Controversial input here :D

Just use your stock pump, will supply up to 200RWKW reliably and safely! Will be a while before your L67 gets anywhere near that kw on wheels unless you are dumping a lot of FIT bits onto it as well.

OZ38

Reaction score
Members Ride
Tradewind said:
Controversial input here :D

Just use your stock pump, will supply up to 200RWKW reliably and safely! Will be a while before your L67 gets anywhere near that kw on wheels unless you are dumping a lot of FIT bits onto it as well.
No you are right as I know of two guys who have slotted stock L67's into their cars and are still using the stock n/a fuel set up.:thumbsup: