Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Supercharged v6 on p's?

redcv6

supercharged intercooled
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss ute, diesel landcruiser 100s, hq panel van
if you want to mod a car on p's, best off doing things you cant see. eg. diff gears, head work. trans work, high ratio rockers. pull alot harder on street, no one can tell you touched it

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
hmmm thats a pain considering im installing one this friday :|
But it wont increase the performance so i dont really get it...

is someone forcing you to install it?

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
Just note that if your pulled over you will be fined with a fine which consits of monetary amount as well as 3 demerit points [same as ignoring peer passenger restrictions while on P1]. So if your pulled over for speeding or something else, there goes all your demerits!

However, i must say, drive ok and you will never be pulled over. I went ages without being pulled over, then a few slip ups and i've had 2 to date!

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
not being pulled over has nothing to do with driving fine. random pull overs happen all the time, especially if a p plater is driving a commodore that does not sound stock

msina1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS acclaim,
dunno about anywhere else in Australia but down in geelong every p plated commodore gets pulled over, rbt, passenger restrictions, and everytime it happens they always bring up my previous records, then search the entire car, pad me down, they'll pick on you for anything down here.

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
stocky, in my old vehicle i had my p plates up in the rear all the time very visible... until the end of it's life and i never got pulled over once. Driving a VR commodore! Which was modified quite a bit, definatly not stock power.

I can't really comment on my current car as not all the time my P plates are very visible. But i've only ever been pulled over twice in it. And get waived through booze busses. I guess the north/west cops are different to the east?

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
i got pulled over a few times in mine when driving normally. just remember that now that the p plate laws are a lot stricter, they will probably pull over just about any p plater just to check what they are driving

msina1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS acclaim,
cops are different everywhere really, but basically, if your a p plater, not driving a hatchback and you dont have a vagina your going to get pulled over.