Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Supercharged V6

R

Rajah

Hiya guys. I'm new here and just thought I'd offer my experience with a VT Supercharged engine. It's actually my neighbours car. She'd had it for a couple of years, it was second hand, and after about 85-90,000 km, the engine seized. Now I'm not overly tech savvy with these things but I think it was something to do with the rods in the engine. It was out of warranty and Holden were not going to do anything about it, that was before she ranted and raved like hell and was supplied with a replacement engine, but she had to pay for the install. As far as performance goes, she's happy with it but obviously it's nowhere near as good as an 8, which she had before the VT. I think she'd rather the 8 again.

jafo

lurker since 2003
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 wh statesman
no offence but some women dont know what oil lights mean that could be why it seized.

R

Rajah

QUOTE (jafo @ Jan 12 2004, 06:58 PM) no offence but some women dont know what oil lights mean that could be why it seized.
Hahaha. None taken. You are probably right.

I'll have to ask her exactly what happened, just for my own satisfaction.

K

KILLAB

Im thinking about buy one now in green with 46000kms on it. Is obviously real nice. Anymore info whether it be good or bad?

G

grover

dunno mate.cant concentrate,your avatar is distracting me.what was the question??????????????????????

G

Griggsy

Hey guys. With regard to Smiley's reply, the Ecotec V6 and the S/C V6 only share the block in common. They have different inlet manifolds (obviously) as well as different heads and gearbox. The S/C V6's also run a lower compression ratio, strengthened rods, crank and pistons. It is not really a viable option money wise to fit the M90 blower to an Ecotec due to these facts, especially when you can buy a low km s/c V6 from a wreckers for around $6500 complete with wiring loom and gearbox. (You can then still sell your old Ecotec and auto!)
10 psi boost is the maximum you would want to run a standard s/c V6 to maintain any sort of reliability. To improve performance look toward fitting high ratio roller rockers, decent exhaust, intercooler and modified cold air intake.

Drew

retro-tech
Reaction score
Members Ride
1963 EJ Special Wagon
$6500 - ouch.

for that kind of money you'd consider a 2JZ with 6 speed box!
Now that would be interesting!

K

KILLAB

yeah its a pretty good one.
i should be getting my SC Calais tues hopefully

Troy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Auto 128rwkw, VZ V6 Lumina wagon stock
There a good motor, just make sure you run it on premium otherwise it might play up a bit, I've herad rumor's that the bearings in the supercharger start to go around the 120k-140k mark, depending on driving habits. Then you have to get a whole new blower. Like i said, only rumours, nothing confirmed, but it's better to take everything into consideration.

Has anyone else heard anything about this, i don't wan't to say who i heard this from just in case, but the company know's what there talking about.