Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Supercharged VK Calais

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Man.... thats one sexy car. Im normally not a fan of VK's but after this one man I'm loving it. They look best with those mags you've got on. By the way how the hell did you keep that engine bay so clean??? Tried to do in my VS but no good!!

CycoSS

Blue Oval Convert
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS Series II
Nice Ride. Love those wheels on the VK's. They look tough. Well Done Dude

Wrayza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Calais
Intake ready for the microtech. Thanks to Liam for doing the MIG welding!

Attachments

• DSCN5221sm.jpg
    DSCN5221sm.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 285
  • DSCN5222sm.jpg
    DSCN5222sm.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 310
Last edited:

V-ahhh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN/VT
looking good mate, nice example of a vk calais

Wrayza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Calais
Well the Mictrotech is finally in and I'm bloody happy with the results!

So far I'm averaging 13.something litres to 100km around town, and thats with heavy take off's all around the place. Consumption on the freeway is 6L to 100km going with the wind but usuall 7L, travelling at 100km/h.

Still can't beleive it, when I bought the car it was getting 23L to 100km on a good run. Since then I've slowly improved it with a lot of little mods and some major ones, 5spd gearbox replaced the 3spd auto, electric thermo fan, spark plugs and injectors done, new 3.45 ratio lsd diff, cold air intake, all fluids changed and recently the Microtech.

A good friend has tuned it to run pretty smooth now, still some small idle issues when cold and starting issues. These could be linked to the alternator needing a larger pulley or a new unit altogether, starter might be on its way out aswell.

Heres a picture from the night we finished, really have to fibreglass bog and respray the bay when I get the chance! The ecu is hidden within the original vk efi case and the hand controller resides in the glovebox for now.

Attachments

• Microtech(1).jpg
    Microtech(1).jpg
    256.6 KB · Views: 947
  • Microtech(2).jpg
    Microtech(2).jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 575
Last edited:

Wrayza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Calais
Just a quick update with a nicer picture of the bay all tidy, still needs some filling and a respray. Got all the gear and some paint mixed up, need to find the time now!

Attachments

• Latest.jpg
    Latest.jpg
    224.6 KB · Views: 553
Last edited:

Wrayza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Calais
A few updates..

I picked up the last few bits of a body kit I'll be putting on the VK today from the good people down at EastComm Wreckers. I'm using a group A front bar, Group 3 wing and rear bar, calais director side skirts and an original group A grille.

Decided to go with 2 tone, the grille and wing will be painted in the body colour when I have an insurence claim done. What happened? Someone in my family opened the electric roller door and reversed into the vk, minimal damage to the offending vy, $1250 damage to the vk's rear 1/4 and bumper.. Thank god for insurence, even better when its not my excess to pay :p

Also spraying a ported, polished and cleaned up intake manifold in body colour (casting marks cleaned up and egr valve tig welded over).

Pictures soon...

Wrayza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Calais
Dropped the car off today to have part of the kit fitted, decided to go with a HDT scoop aswell when a deal came up I couldn't refuse, thanks again Brad!

Heres a photoshop of what it will look like...

Attachments

• Copper VK Group 3 kit 2 tone scoop.jpg
    Copper VK Group 3 kit 2 tone scoop.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 2,705
Last edited: