Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

supercharged vl

sully

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL executive
hey i've got a standard vl exec and im sick of it having no guts down low and ive heard of supercharger kits avail for them... anyone know anything about them? like how much, and what gains?

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Search here, or search calaisturbo..

D

dumpd6

i also have a N/A vl and at the moment im in the process of putting new lower ratio diff gears in. i dunno how much better its gonna make mine go seeing its only stock an a auto. but my bro put some in his vr 5.0 an it went hell harder so i thought ill give it a try.

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
NAY, you might want to go to www.calaisturbo.com.au and Have a search for it, I think you'll find you can have it done for a third of the price with more benefits..

NAY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Executive
Thanks bextor84
I have checked the calaisturbo site out... only used that link as a reference as to some of the things that maybe needed... unsure if i'm going to go with the supercharging or convert mine to turbo

RB20DETVL

Reaction score
Website
home.iprimus.com.au
Members Ride
83 VH SL/E soon to be 5L
i dont like the fact that you cant use aircon or powersteering pump with the castlemain kit... ive heard of a different kit that maintains the aircon and powersteering system. I think i saw it on www.CalaisTurbo.com.au

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Well the last bloke I saw did it for about 600 dollars.. Thats getting the blower, mounting it himself, and that way keeping your aircon and p/s. You just have to find a spot to mount it.

I usually tell everyone to PM the guys on CT that have done it, and ask them how they mounted it, and get a template or something.