Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Supercharged VT/VX on LPG

VSteve

Reaction score
I'm thinking about buying a supercharged VT/VX commodore. Only problem is I want to convert it to straight LPG but am a little concerned as if it backfires it could destroy the supercharger. Is anyone running a supercharged commodore on LPG? If so what configuration/system are you running and have you had any problems with backfiring?

Cheers.

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Not seen it done mate, theoretically possible and if done well it could do awesome things (considering the high RON of LPG), but it can't be done with a normal carby mixer, i suspect it might have to go dedicated LPG..

Either way it wouldn't be a cheap solution. If you want something cheap to run the L67 isn't for you... GenIII responds very well to gas though, plenty of info on that and much much more power, likely more fuel efficient too.

WAGON MAN

Gas Sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Berlina Wagon with Phreddied bits.
Contact (PM) this member who has had it done to his V6 S/C VT .....:thumbsup:

danielsan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 SS 5.7/A4
Mines got a SGI LPG install (dual fuel), mostly OMVL parts. No chance of backfiring with this system. Performace wise you'ld need a dyno to tell the diffrence in power and economy wise i got 400kms from the first tank city driving(took 55ltrs when i refiled out of 75ltrs useable), which is on par with the results i get with BP Ultimate.

Running the SGI system you still need petrol as it always starts on petrol then flicks itself over to gas.