Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Supercharger and boost levels /intercooling

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore ute
I have just grabbed an eaton m90 blower second hand kit and also got almost a another engine less pistons, the block has been machined 20 thou over so im thinking of building something that can take a bit of boost like 17 pound or more so does anyone have any recommendations for what pistons i should i use and what intercooler i should use like W2A or A2A im looking to get about 320kw im open to any ideas!

cander24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ GTO. VS LS1.
To handle 17psi you'll definately need a good cooler (personally i prefer a2a over w2a but both have their pros and cons) and a set of forged pistons. Mark from TTT Engineering (who is a site sponsor here) does forged Ross Racing pistons in 0.020" over. That's what i've got in mine.
Also, when you say you've bought an M90 kit, I assume you'll do a top swap onto an L36 (ecotec) bottom end? Do you have the L67 or L36 rods??? I wouldn't recommend more than 10psi on the stock L36 rods.
Oh, and you'll need a bit more than boost and an intercooler to crack 320kw. What cam will you run? Any porting to the heads or blower? Intake setup? Mafless tune?
Jump on http://l67torque.net/ there's a great wealth of knowledge on the L67's there.
Cheers,
Chris.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore ute
hey mate cheers for the info i wanna run a w2a because its not bug and shiny and cop bait and yeah tyhe bloke i bought it off said the ross ones would be the way to go i thing im gonna need rods aswell i havent got the the guts outa the other motor yet he is still getting them together well because im building a donk im gunna get everything l67 so i dont have to f@#k around with weak stuff and end up smashing the thing to bits. yeah i was definately going for a cam high ratio rockers ported blower a good set of pipes and im making my own cold air intake. With the tune well maybe dyno and a chip i havent really thought bout that yet so that not for a while!