Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Supercharger belt pulley fell off ... help

Loki

Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VY
Hey guys ... I was driving around yesterday and noticed no supercharger whine and less power .. when I got home I lifted the bonnet and one of my pulleys looks like it was bent off and the belt was completely gone... I never heard anything fall off or flip around in the engine or anything but obviously, it came off lol

Now what I need to know is what part it was that came off, so I can get another one and put it back on

This is not my car but it shows the part I need ... can anyone tell me what this part is so I can buy another one
32604810032_large.jpg

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Only one thread allowed as per the forum rules!

You need to buy a new idler pulley and belt, the bearing failed. Undo the bolt (15mm I believe) to fit the new idler. Check all the other idler pulleys whilst your at it.

Loki

Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VY
Only one thread allowed as per the forum rules!

You need to buy a new idler pulley and belt, the bearing failed. Undo the bolt (15mm I believe) to fit the new idler. Check all the other idler pulleys whilst your at it.

yeah I got the stuff 76 mm idler pulley and 6pk1740 belt ...I just can't get that bolt off haha .. tried everything .. kinda annoying because I can do the entire thing myself but cannot get that bolt off haha

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
IIRC the factory used some sort of thread locker so it will be hard to get it moving initially.

Loki

Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VY
yeah it was the opposite thread too so had to loosen it the opposite way .. i got it done, and now its all good .. thanks for your help guys