Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

supercharger boost formula

F

flow=go

does anybody know a formula to calculate boost for supercharger applications

F

flow=go

thanks had already found couple of hp calculators but got myself an eaton m62 s/c and i want to calculate the boost I would achieve running s/c at max 14000rpm at 1l/rev n a 5lt engine so I can choose compression ratio for engine

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
flow=go said:
does anybody know a formula to calculate boost for supercharger applications
are you meaning how much boost to make an approximate power level? or compressor maps?

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
flow=go said:
thanks had already found couple of hp calculators but got myself an eaton m62 s/c and i want to calculate the boost I would achieve running s/c at max 14000rpm at 1l/rev n a 5lt engine so I can choose compression ratio for engine
wouldnt it be easier to go for a predetermined and safe static compression ratio then alter the pulley size of your supercharger?

F

flow=go

i want to know an approx boost level at 5000 rpm so I can calculate a relative compression ratio on a 9.5-1 comp ratio and see if i woul consider this a reliable comp ratio for street car

F

flow=go

it is a safe comp ratio im trying to find i need to know what size to make the drive pulley to achieve the boost level im after which in turn will tell me what sort of comp ratio to aim for when building motor

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
sounds like you need a compressor map relevant to your supercharger type and model. once you have that, you can see what it's adiabatic efficiency limit is and work on a safe margin below that. it's no use over spinning your blower with too small a pulley.