Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Supercharger For 3.8L VR

94VRCOMMO

Wats Up

I'm currently contemplating putting in a supercharger kit for my 1994 VR Exec 3.8L. Does anybody know on whats the best kit for it and where you can get it from. I'm looking to get the commy's power to anywhere from 290kw to 400kw.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
well, thats not goin to happen sorry man...without rebuilding the engine and intercooling you will not get anywhere near 290kw...let alone 400kw.
a straight up bolt on kit will put you at around 200-230kw, there's alot of places that do a complete kit for the buick v6..and depending on how much you want to spend the choice is seemingly endless.
look at some sites like capa or FIT and get an idea of what you want, i think the capa's basic kit it like $5k (parts).

seabass

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina 3.8 M5
driven one, not enough boost to make a difference worthy of the finance, just put in a coolair intake high flow filter high flow cat n extractors n exaust system

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
seabass said:
driven one, not enough boost to make a difference worthy of the finance, just put in a coolair intake high flow filter high flow cat n extractors n exaust system

wow, the car you drove must have been sh*t!

C

Cooldude1983

94VRCOMMO said:
Wats Up

I'm currently contemplating putting in a supercharger kit for my 1994 VR Exec 3.8L. Does anybody know on whats the best kit for it and where you can get it from. I'm looking to get the commy's power to anywhere from 290kw to 400kw.

400KW! Wow - I don't think you will be getting your VR Series II to those levels, can I suggest buying a V8 - a later model one. Seriously though, as Sircruisealot said, you can get significant gains by adding a supercharger kit - I suggest doing another search on all of the other power mods available, they have plenty of suggestions of how to increase your output. All depends on how much you wanna spend I guess. good luck.

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
If you have the money, check www.comeracing.com and have a look at the 4.2ltr stroker engine and I think you have the choice of supercharging or turbo. As mentioned, supercharging your current engine would need upgrades, so is it worth spending the money!

94vrexec

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr executive
anyone know how much the stage 1 raptor kit is? just a bit interested...

VSB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Supercharged Calais and Vr Berlina
From a PM I got off them.

The complete stage 1 system in a box with tune, injectors and every other bit and piece is $4997.00 inc GST and then $70 for freight to your doorstep.