Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Supercharger for alloytec

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Shame you couldn't keep the 4L V8 it was attached to. That would have made for an individual ride!

But I don't see why you couldn't mount it onto a 3.6. Everything would need to be custom fabricated and then passed by an engineer, so wouldn't be cheap - but doable.

Nikkojoe

Reaction score
Members Ride
AE86, VE M6 UTE, Toyota 86
Shame you couldn't keep the 4L V8 it was attached to. That would have made for an individual ride!...

Unfortunately they only came on the 2L 6cyl 1G-GZE soarer (boxy square ones), not the 1UZ-FE 4L V8 sc400 lexus/soarer(round thing). The Z after the dash in the engine code denotes supercharger :)

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
CSP - It is school Holidays.

If you have to ask, if a 20yr old supercharger setup of a Toyota will fit an alloytec. Then there is no chance you'll be able to fit it even if there was the slightest hope.
Dreamers.

sp001in

vyma100
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY ute
Depending on the type of supercharger you could fabricate a bracket and pipes needed, I have seen a few of the small jap superchargers adapted to just about anything but the power they put out isn't worth going to all the trouble.

I'm sure any engineering joint could fit it up for you but the cost and how it would run after is anyones guess.

Correct answer.

All the rest of the people that bagged you are just on here too boost their ego's.

anything can be made to fit. but it will be costly with fabrication work, and computer retuning + injectors etc.

If you can get the supercharger for $300, and have another $3-4k laying around then it can be done. but for $5-6k you could buy a vortech or CAPA setup ready to bolt on.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Point is, OP asked if the toyota kit will fit.

No, it will not. If you've gotta ask THAT question I strongly doubt he's going to be able to customise it. If he could, he wouldn't have asked the question.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
lol soop.... Give up mate! :D

ou don't see jockeys flogging a dead horse do you? :p

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
A)Maybe the OP is new and not sure how it all works
B)Not a stupid question if you dont much bout cars and want to learn
C) I didnt know there is a rule saying "dont post on this forum unless you know everything bout cars

So why not help people instead of putting **** on them.
So lets see who will put **** on me now.

Hang on a sec.... YOU called names first, and now you are getting all bent out of shape when someone calls you up on it?
Man, take a chill pill!

To respond to you-
a) That's fine, but as already said he is a 2nd year apprentice, and since he's making a very specific enquiry about "a mates supercharger kit from a Toyota", it's pretty bloody silly to think it'll just strap on for $300.
b) It IS a stupid question... there is a big reason supercharger kits sell for $5k plus and are very specific to not only makes, but models within the same make. Thinking an old Soarer setup will just bolt on to a VE Omega is just silly. It's not just the physical 'plumbing' it's the engine management, tuning, and the rest that sets you back. OP didnt ask whether he could do a custom job and get everything mounted and tuned. Of course that can be done... virtually any mod can be done if you throw enough money and skill at it. But it was quite obvious that OP was looking for a cheap as crap 'bolt on'... not a proper custom job.
c) No dude- your paraphrasing is way off... i didnt say that at all. But this is a CAR FORUM, not a general social chat like Whirlpool or RiotACT. Some basic knowledge and preparation wouldnt go astray. You wouldnt come on here asking what a supercharger is (google is your friend).... and I believe asking if one supercharger from a completely different make, model, decade (actually century) will 'just work' on late model VE, is more than a little nieve. Just type in "supercharger kit VE" into google and see what comes up. In 30 seconds OP would have very quickly realised no $300 dodgy brothers conversion will cut it.

Go take your meds and calm down. I DID offer help to the OP... gave him a link to a damn good site with a lot of useful info to get started. I also gave him an answer more detailed and thoughtful than "probably not mate", so get off your high horse, stop instigating negative comments by calling people names, and bloody relax a little! You're going to give yourself a heart attack!

Last edited:

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
Point is, OP asked if the toyota kit will fit.

No, it will not. If you've gotta ask THAT question I strongly doubt he's going to be able to customise it. If he could, he wouldn't have asked the question.

My point exactly!
It was obvious OP was looking for a cheap bolt on KIT based on the fact that both the Soarer and the VE Omega are small block V6's. But just because engine's have similar capacities doesnt make parts interchangeable. A second year truck apprentice mechanic 'should' know that. But anyway.... I'll give it a rest now. Incorporating parts of that kit into a custom job is a completely different question (that wasnt asked in the first place), and very doable if you have the skill or cash to do it. Manufacturers of turbo's and superchargers dont make units specifically for cars, they make them to a performance/efficiency standard. Installers make the KITS that allow these things to be strapped on to an engine and then tuned accordingly. The easy bit is sourcing the unit.... and hard bit is making it all work- and OP wont do it for $300 (or even $3000).

But OP asked if the Soarer kit will fit the VE, "as there isnt much out there for it". Come on... even a search on this forum would have sorted that mess out pretty quick! OP was just being lazy.

Last edited:

wez84

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv/vr calais V6 turbo oneday N/A Track car
I think you need the pill man on my screen it shows my post straight after CPS post and before yours so relax buddy it was never towards you.