Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Supercharger help?

Mattde

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S1
wouldn't exactly call it a "kit" hah

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Yeah, that's just a bare bones M90. Don't get me wrong, plenty of guys have done it, but cost/effort wise it'd be easier to find a whole L67 (i.e. from a wreck) and do a swap over. It's like $1900 for that from eBay with 160k on the clock.

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
Or a raptor, which is now the way to go with them doing the tuning

Mattde

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S1
Yeh, figured. dont even know if it comes with the wiring Loom.
Likely wiser to just save and get something with ALL the parts hah.
So i guess I'm looking at alot of work turning a stock VX engine into Supercharger capable. Not entirely keen on changing over the entire engine. although i might be a DIY enthusiast, I'd consider that a little out of my league hah

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
Yeh, figured. dont even know if it comes with the wiring Loom.
Likely wiser to just save and get something with ALL the parts hah.
So i guess I'm looking at alot of work turning a stock VX engine into Supercharger capable. Not entirely keen on changing over the entire engine. although i might be a DIY enthusiast, I'd consider that a little out of my league hah

Go the raptor kit :)

Pretty easy to do! about a 4/10 on the mechanic scale

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
It's going to be a pretty big job fitting the super charger to an Ecotec as this motor was never designed to suit it. The Supercharged 6 is a different motor. It's not impossible and it has been done, it's just going to cost more than fitting something like a Raptor and you will more than likely be disappointed with the end result.

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
So I've won a secondhand Supercharger on ebay for what I would consider a decent price. details are as follows:
"Holden ecotec supercharger, air intake and pipe, fuel rails and injectors and computer. Comes with mounting bolts and throttle body with sensors. Selling due to upgrading my setup. Has done 180***kms. Was in a series 3 vs caprice. NOTE: does not come with engine cover. To use this setup on a stock ecotec all that's needed is the extra pulleys belt and base of manifold."
I own a VX V6 and am wondering... what the hell is a "base of manifold" and will this actually fit!?
Hope I havn't made a stupid pointlless purchase but go easy on me, i dont know a whole lot about this sorta thing yet, but I'm here to learn.
Can someone educate me a little on this please??

You my friend should not have bought that setup!
I personally contacted this seller on ebay and told them that they needed to specify to people, that they will need more than what they were saying was needed to fit this to an Ecotec.

You need to leave negative feedback to this douche, he never replied to my message either...no surprise.

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
It's going to be a pretty big job fitting the super charger to an Ecotec as this motor was never designed to suit it. The Supercharged 6 is a different motor. It's not impossible and it has been done, it's just going to cost more than fitting something like a Raptor and you will more than likely be disappointed with the end result.

I've fitted a few L67 top ends to ecotecs. Not as good as fitting a complete L67 (saves on wasting 2 extra spark plugs) but the higher comp helps alot with creating better response from the charged top end.

Last time I did it I charged the customer $2k supplied and fitted with an upgrade pulley and safe tune. Made 170rwkw, 600Nm torque.

How much is that raptor again? A turbo driven off a belt what?

Mattde

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S1
I've fitted a few L67 top ends to ecotecs. Not as good as fitting a complete L67 (saves on wasting 2 extra spark plugs) but the higher comp helps alot with creating better response from the charged top end.

Last time I did it I charged the customer $2k supplied and fitted with an upgrade pulley and safe tune. Made 170rwkw, 600Nm torque.

How much is that raptor again? A turbo driven off a belt what?

You mean to tell me you can do a Supply and install of a Supercharger WITH pulley upgrade AND a tune for $2K!? On a NA VX?!
You're crazy... but you sure have my interest!
Tell me more! :D