Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Supercharger help?

Mattde

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S1
So I've won a secondhand Supercharger on ebay for what I would consider a decent price. details are as follows:
"Holden ecotec supercharger, air intake and pipe, fuel rails and injectors and computer. Comes with mounting bolts and throttle body with sensors. Selling due to upgrading my setup. Has done 180***kms. Was in a series 3 vs caprice. NOTE: does not come with engine cover. To use this setup on a stock ecotec all that's needed is the extra pulleys belt and base of manifold."
I own a VX V6 and am wondering... what the hell is a "base of manifold" and will this actually fit!?
Hope I havn't made a stupid pointlless purchase but go easy on me, i dont know a whole lot about this sorta thing yet, but I'm here to learn.
Can someone educate me a little on this please??

Mattde

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S1
I'm assuming I will need to buy a replacement manifold (lower-half) to match up but where the hell do i find that?!

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
U'll also need the set of heads from a supercharged engine as it has the injector ports in the heads unlike the NA ecotec which are located in the intake manifold

Mattde

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S1
bleh. dumb that down just a little more? just need you to explain the whole injector ports thing cos i only half know what you mean lol

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
bleh. dumb that down just a little more? just need you to explain the whole injector ports thing cos i only half know what you mean lol

Basically, the injectors go in two different places.

The L67's fit into the cylinder head, the Ecotec's fit into the intake manifold.

Mattde

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S1
starting to think this is gonna end up costing alot more and requiring alot more effort than I'd initially anticipated...

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Can you post a link of the kit so we can see what it is?

If it's an Eaton M90 from an L67 then the text you've quoted above is bullshit. A Raptor or Vortech side mount is that simple but an M90 to Ecotec is not. You'll need quite a few more bits, expertise and then prepare for some downtime on your VX.