Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Supercharger ideas. Or other alternatives.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Higgins heads are awesome bit of kit their ports make my hand porting look archaic but you will be going a different path there What happened to the developers and car builders in the world,if u want honest advice on building a budget performance pack blowing that coin on Cnc heads on forced induction is a joke! unless it's a competition engine stock heads with a decent cam and lifters and valve springs 600hp plus Is easily obtained with a turbo! a lil harder with a charger ,but big dollar heads are nice to look at and ultimately the best way to go for getting a bit more that's right a bit ! Ports don't make power but the help and are part of a good package ,bigger isn't allways faster but unless you want that never ending spiral down the money pit of power keep it simple and don't go too big if he's happy with 300kw what do u think a boosted and cammed Ls with Higgins heads will make for power ?let's just say u will want to ditch that clutch, now I'll let you know more opinions more better to make your mind up but I build engines that produce over 1 hp per cc by hand and they're built cheap so I dunno
Any increase in N/A power will mean an increase in boosted power. If you can gain low down torque with more top end you will gain that exact curve under boost too.

LSV MALOUF

Reaction score
Members Ride
Donkey
definatelly but resonance tuning is more important with n/a than just big flow ,one thing boost can overcome bad port velocity and will get excellent volumetric efficiency but go too big with n/a and it becomes a pig even a big port 440 mopar has trouble with down low compared to my l36 on a couple psi

LSV MALOUF

Reaction score
Members Ride
Donkey
Dyno figures all useless numbers all a dyno does is simulate a road sometimes bigger numbers mean slower car lol, I regularly put beaters road tested to the track and strip and love just love watching cars worth as much as a house struggling to make a pass look as good as the $2000 beater that beat em , its definately more work with a Holden motor though! But a lot cheaper than an rb

Reactions: Lex