Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Supercharger limitations for VFII Redline

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF Series 2 SSV Redline W375 2016 FGX XR6 T
Hi Guys,
I've been doing research into adding a supercharger to my 2015 Redline VFII. Initially I was looking at a Harrop 2300, mild Cam with some stronger springs and push rods.
In reading and watching podcasts I've been alerted to some potential issues that may reduce the effectiveness of my initial mods, specifically the following:
1. High compression ratio of 10.7 reducing the potential boost of the SC & HP generated.
2. Heat sinking and its effect on HP of the SC & possible knocking

I'm not yet aware of what can be done to offset the high compression ratio & the heat sinking has potential to do significant damage & can be addressed through either moving to a reservoir &/or upwards discharge SC or through the use of an interchiller, thermal blankets &/or spacers.

Can anyone share their experiences &/or provide any further advice on how these issues may affect my desire to have a modded weekend cruiser.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
The compression ratio is not as much of a concern as the extra heat. I strongly recomend you use a supercharger with an intercooler.
Timing can be altered in the tune to keep it safe.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
camshaft with later IVC will lower dynamic compression thats why most recommend camshaft when going boost on stock block, i was running stock LS2 10.9 comp with a blower on 14psi for years only issue i found on tare down was blowby in few cyl (i was on e85 that helped cyl temps tho) if ur on petrol just keep boost around 10ps, just use some thermal spacer and a good pump/reservoir will be fine when tuned right

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Quality of tune will largely deal with a lot of this. You should really invest a lot of time in finding the right tuner and not try to go cheap. You might also like to investigate getting a flex tune with E85, both for its abilities to absorb knock (both for compression and boost) and run cooler. You should also be asking this person about what you would like to do.