Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Supercharger Pulley - smaller for more boost

VF Sleeper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais
So I've had the Harrop 2300 on my Calais S1 for just over a month now. The current SC pulley is 85mm and it's running 6-8 psi boost.

A new smaller pulley (80mm) is a couple of hundred bucks and plus a re-tune. This smaller pulley should give it 8-10 psi boost.

I'm thinking why the hell not? More boost must be better and 8-10 psi isn't that much. I'm most interested in more power and torque in the 1000rpm to 2000rpm range where it's a bit soft.

Have anyone else done a smaller SC pulley? The other option is a 75mm for 10-12 psi? I've got a stock bottom end.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
ive got the 80mm and the 75mm, but i also have the toothed rear drive that also adds to the ratio, the 80mm front i was on 13-14psi, the 75mm was about 16psi, also make sure your belt is right length as going smaller pulley may put the tensioner out of range, they will handle around the 10-12psi easy

VF Sleeper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais
07GTS, I didn't know you could change the rear pulley. I can't even see a rear pulley on mine. Have you got a Harrop?

What sort of interest increase in power did you get with each step down in pulley? Any downside?

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
u prob have the newer one, mine is the HTV2300, not sure i went from n/a boltons to the blower and camshaft gained 160rkw, then ethanol and better cooling and gain alot more, u will have to keep an eye on it as camshaft will decide alot to what the boost will do, i never got onto a dyno and now im doing full build so will be very different, it usually just adds to what u have already if timing will cope with the increase but u will get gains think its roughly 30hp per psi boost or something around that if all other conditions stay the same

daves8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF Calais V 6.0 | 2013 VF Calais V V6 Wagon
Did you change lifters and cam too?

I have a S1 Calais and have considered a 2300 but everyone said I need to remove all DOD gear and new lifters

VYCommodore76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commy
smaller you go with the snout pulley, the more likely you are to get belt slip.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
the standard 6pk gates belt i could strech in an after noon of driving, the gates blue racing belt 6pk lasted longer but i snapped one during a wot gear change, i now have the 8pk setup and use optibelt truck power series belt much better

VF Sleeper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais
Did you change lifters and cam too?

I have a S1 Calais and have considered a 2300 but everyone said I need to remove all DOD gear and new lifters

Yes, I did heads, cam, lifters, roller rockers, pushrod, dual valve springs & DOD delete