Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Supercharger Pulley - smaller for more boost

VF Sleeper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais
I've decided I'll go with the 80mm pulley and err on the conservative side. I will post dyno results when done.

hjtrbo

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T / HJ Ute / VF2 R8
the standard 6pk gates belt i could strech in an after noon of driving, the gates blue racing belt 6pk lasted longer but i snapped one during a wot gear change, i now have the 8pk setup and use optibelt truck power series belt much better

lol, had the same thing happen to me over a year ago. Still to this day finding bits of old belt fluff in the dark nooks.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
lol, had the same thing happen to me over a year ago. Still to this day finding bits of old belt fluff in the dark nooks.
i was out on a freeway, soon as i hit the 3rd to 4th i herd a big crack sound on the bonnet (thought aah well something let go) then noticed alternator light on thought damn belt then temps start to rise as mine is single belt doing everything, mine didnt get shredded and lucky i kept a spare belt with me

snaped-belt.jpg

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
lucky i kept a spare belt with me

Once upon a time almost everyone had a spare belt in the boot, it's not something you'd see much of these days.

VF Sleeper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais
After reading about these tales of woe, I'm gunna get one of those optibelts blue truck series and stick it in the boot as a spare. I do wonder what's involved in changing from 6 rib to 8 rib and if I should care?

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
u need to get the 8pk kit that changes all pulleys over, usually powerbond is the cheapest kit, or other people make them but dearer

VYCommodore76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commy
After reading about these tales of woe, I'm gunna get one of those optibelts blue truck series and stick it in the boot as a spare. I do wonder what's involved in changing from 6 rib to 8 rib and if I should care?
Expect to part with $2k fitted for the 8pk pulley kit, including pinning the balancer (100% required). Mine squealed like a stuck pig until they installed a HD tensioner, even shoe horning a smaller belt on only cured it for a day. Gates green fleet runner are the best belts I have found.

VYCommodore76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commy
u need to get the 8pk kit that changes all pulleys over, usually powerbond is the cheapest kit, or other people make them but dearer
The harrop 8pk kit has a power bond balancer.

VF Sleeper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais
The harrop 8pk kit has a power bond balancer.

A new balancer (pinned) was fit about a month ago as part of my SC install. I'm not having any squeals, slip or issues so far. If it's $2K for the 8pk upgrade, then I wait and see if I have problems. I've checked and have a Gates red belt.