Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Croney

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY series II supercharged
Hey guys,
I have a 03 series II VY and I was looking at performance upgrades, particularly the supercharger.
I was wondering if anyone knew the maximum PSI you can run safely with the stock system?

Thanks in advance.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Yep, 10psi pulley upgrade. Also get a CAI and TB upgrade and then get the tune tweaked to suit. Much better throttle response, gearbox will shift better and you'll actually be able to hear the supercharger doing it's thing :)

MACE can supply all of these items for you, they also look after forum members and are a forum sponsor.

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
Fit a pod filter and you'll have bulk whine. Cheap and nasty and probabaly frowned upon if the law opens your bonnet for what ever reason but you'll have Whineapple for days.

bruceynz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 Holden Calais
I have just done the Mace 10psi pulley, XU6 Memcal, cut a hole in my airbox, simota filter and the car goes real good! I have a mace throttle body to go on next and working on headers and exhaust and thats where I will stop, the thing gets up and boggies as it is now, the low down take off is outstanding, the thing with the super 6 is its got all its power where you want it, get the rev counter sitting on about 3000rpm and it pulls hard!!!! My L67 stock using the speedo with 235 x 45 x 17 tyres did a 0-100 in approx 6 seconds, when I get a chance I will try it again with all the mods. I like the improved throttle and nicer gear changes with the memcal change.

here is a clip of the car in stock for, and before anyone pays me out I am not saying this is the fastest car in the world, just seems fast for factory L67 Calais https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdrp8RHN3XY

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
Did someone say blower upgrade....

IMG_1047.jpg
attachment.php

IMG_1045.jpg

attachment.php

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
On the VS is is pretty easy, but still a bit to do. On the VT to VY it is a little harder because of the shape of the firewall. Bit it can be done and if you take your time it can be done pretty neatly.
You do how ever need to be running a cooler that has a minimum of 40mm height to get this bad boy to clear everything...

I will throw up some pics with the lined up with a stock one to show how much further back the inlet tract sits.