Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Superchargers

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Yeah I had my project car on that for a few years ... it actually wasn't a helluva lot cheaper than 2-day-per-week full-comprehensive coverage though.

But since I forgot to remove it from the box it came in, it's probably not considered much of a theft risk. No self-respecting thief would be seen driving an 80's Volvo after nicking it, nor would their mate want it on their flatbed ...

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Yeah I had my project car on that for a few years ... it actually wasn't a helluva lot cheaper than 2-day-per-week full-comprehensive coverage though.

But since I forgot to remove it from the box it came in, it's probably not considered much of a theft risk. No self-respecting thief would be seen driving an 80's Volvo after nicking it, nor would their mate want it on their flatbed ...

Hey I had a 244 Volvo fitted with a 253.....Plenty of people would have loved to knick that just for the thrills of thrashing a volvo..... :p

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Why did
Hey I had a 244 Volvo fitted with a 253.....Plenty of people would have loved to knick that just for the thrills of thrashing a volvo..... :p
Wow, someone bothered with a 253?!
I guess maybe it was worked ... in the year my 140hp Volvo was sold, the 4.2 only had 117hp or 129hp ... probably 50hp of emissions-gear though. :)

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Why did

I guess maybe it was worked ... in the year my 140hp Volvo was sold, the 4.2 only had 117hp or 129hp ... probably 50hp of emissions-gear though. :)

I bought it with it fitted...Paid a whopping $250 for the car about 15 or so years ago.....Why they did it I don't know but it surprised a few people when it was driving along :) I did fit a TQ30 cam as well....Unfortunately Mr policeman pulled it up and it was no longer allowed on the road without some pieces of paper...Fun whilst it lasted

Kelly Bianco

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV redline
Hi Kelly, I’m in the ‘Gong too and Kon @ WAS has done most of the work on my car and is still doing upgrades and tuning, I’ve been talking to him about the 2650 as well. I also spoke with Russo a couple of weeks back and they told me $16k for a 2650, drive in drive out. Food for thought.
Would you be able to give me the number of Russo I'd like to ring him about putting in a supercharger (Harrop)

H

harrop.senator

Why did

The 244's I knew of were 110 HP and 185 nm. 253 was 185 HP and 350nm that's an upgrade to me.