Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Superchargers

hjtrbo

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T / HJ Ute / VF2 R8
... as long as you're not 25.
Or being 25 and Driving Under The Influence Of Having A North African Appearance ... that'll earn your car a fine-toothed inspection!

Damn, you nasty! :D:D:D:D

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
The point I was trying to make is a friendly attitude will go a long way to avoid the dreaded 'can you pop the bonnet please mate'
Yes a friendly and respectful attitude will go a long way to not make your situation worse.

But be 25kph or more over the limit and that would be your biggest issue (in many/all? jurisdictions). In such cases, there would be no need for the constabulary to scrutinise your car cause you’ll be off the road for quite some months would be my point :eek:

Too many bloody nanny states down under and elsewhere :rolleyes:

Wonder how many are pulled over if next to a police car at lights where their supercharger whine is a tell tale not all is standard with the car :oops:

H

harrop.senator

Driving while black is a sure way to be pulled over in any state. Don't reccomend , avoid if possible.

Milo 6.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 vf ssv wagon/2009 fg xr6t(daily
It's not so much the police in NSW, as what happens if you're involved in a prang & the insurance company decides to invoke the clause where they only cover legally registered cars for road use - and the registration isn't valid if it's not roadworthy.

Also the EPA used to be the biggest problem for young'uns in modified cars in Sydney. I don't know if anyone under about 45 has a modified car these days ...
Just insure it with shannons,so long as they know about the mods they are more than happy to take your money and insure your car.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Just insure it with shannons, so long as they know about the mods they are more than happy to take your money and insure your car.
While I think the risk is low, their PDC does explicitly say they don't cover unregistered cars (edit: being driven on the road).

Last edited:

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
While I think the risk is low, their PDC does explicitly say they don't cover unregistered cars.

They have laid up insurance which covers unregistered cars and cars being re-built/restored.. :)

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
They have laid up insurance which covers unregistered cars and cars being re-built/restored.. :)
Not driving on the road though, that's when they're, well ... "laid up". :)

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
Driving while black is a sure way to be pulled over in any state. Don't reccomend , avoid if possible.
Cancelled! Oh wait, your a black stand up comedian, so I guess it would be impolite not to have a laugh and give a like.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
I think it's fair for anyone to comment on how the police stereotype based on appearance ... I don't think you need to have an appearance which invites excessive police scrutiny to make comment on that.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Not driving on the road though, that's when they're, well ... "laid up". :)

True.....But overall, unregistered vehicles are covered by shannons....Your premiums are actually reduced as a result...They call it laid up insurance