Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

supercharging 5.0 vs

moco

Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 turbo
I am going to get a yella terra positive displacement supercharger installed on my ute in about 8 or 9 weeks. my ute is a 5 litre vs and I still use it for work but am going to have a ful respray and detail done to it soon.

Does anybody know roughly how many rwkw i can expect?? The gains are pretty good, my engine is stock, and jusy have memcal and sports exhaust at the moment. currently my ute has 198 flywheel kilowatts and need more grunt.

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
wouldnt be any more than 250 kws
sell the 5ltr buy a 5.7 and start fresh youll go wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy faster

MICKY.D

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Terra Charger

I am going to get a yella terra positive displacement supercharger installed on my ute in about 8 or 9 weeks. my ute is a 5 litre vs and I still use it for work but am going to have a ful respray and detail done to it soon.

Does anybody know roughly how many rwkw i can expect?? The gains are pretty good, my engine is stock, and jusy have memcal and sports exhaust at the moment. currently my ute has 198 flywheel kilowatts and need more grunt.

Most standard engines get about 185 rwkw with the standard kit, its about 60% over standard. The tyre smoking torque is the best gain :yeah:
Some get a little more ( around 200rwkw ), but mainly low km engines.

i have seen a vp ss make 223rwkw with lower comp, injectors, a custom tune and 12psi pulley.

Our 1.5L roots type terra charger can make 450hp max.
our 2.4L Whipple screw type charger can make 700hp max .
Higher with the 3.4L ( 900hp max )

Cheers :thumbsup:
Micky.D
YT

WNTDVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Stato & Evo VII.
I know this thread is getting a little old now, but I have a question for you Micky (or anyone else running a YT blower on a 5L) since i'm looking to purchase one of these in the very near future.

Have any YT customers had issues with seals/gaskets going after installation of the blower on standard engines? My engine has only done 150,000k's and is in great condition however after hearing a few stories of seals blowing out here there and everywhere after installation of blowers it does have me a little worried, as obviously i'd rather not have any issues.

If it's not uncommon i'd rather just strip my motor down and go a stroker build, however i'd rather go the blower at this point in time.

Last edited:

MADVRSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr ss
hey do your head gaskets its a good start that was the first thing that let me down on mine