Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

supercharging ls1

Troy5L

building a lemon
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gu patrol td42
Hey sam8s, i'm also after the exact same info for my vz ss. i'm definately getting a capa kit, but was leaning towards the 'Vortech 1' non intercooled kit (4.5psi - 6psi). it's good to hear the LS1's will handle the power safely, although mine is a manual so i'm worried about the clutch now...

i'm disapointed now though to hear the low down power even from the 'Vortech 2' is lacking!! i figured being a supercharger, it has the same power constantly from all ranges??? are the conventional v1/v2's a piece of piss to fit yourself?? also, do capa have a sydney store??

cheers, josh.

i no that the ls1's are fair different then the 5lt's but i put my V1 vortech with intercooler on my car, it took 2 weekends(mostly only 8-10 hours a weekend), and it was fair easy, u learn abit by doin it urself..

blown vess

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss
I have a vortech intercooled 350+rwkws and dont miss any of the rev range yes boost does come in at 2800-3000rpm but yove got to get the car out of the hole not turning tyes

Uppercut82

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 vy ss
Very old post but has anyone had or have velocity supercharger install on the LS commodore,for $:3500 for kit guy selling them says make 370 ish with cam on 4 or 5psi without cooler just need 60lb Siemens injectors n pipe from throttle to blower

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Very old post but has anyone had or have velocity supercharger install on the LS commodore,for $:3500 for kit guy selling them says make 370 ish with cam on 4 or 5psi without cooler just need 60lb Siemens injectors n pipe from throttle to blower

370 what, lama thrusts at the hooves?

Uppercut82

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 vy ss
Rwkw,he says his actual car has the kit running 10lb with cooler 435. Rwkw,stock original LS1 doing well for 3 year's, 3 month warranty

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Rwkw,he says his actual car has the kit running 10lb with cooler 435. Rwkw,stock original LS1 doing well for 3 year's, 3 month warranty
So lets say you get 250rwkw with a cam NA, 5psi will add 35% extra power with everything optomised likely 30% or less. So that's about 320rwkw best case.
The guys is pulling your leg mate.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
3 month warranty? That's literally wreckers warranty on a random second hand engine.

Read the user comments and the owner's (amazing) product descriptions on their FB page, should give you an idea. Also interesting that they sell only 3 blowers with no actual specs outside of "street", "race", and "extreme" whilst at the same time somehow catering for 130 vehicles.