Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Supercharging my 2007 VE Omega V6 Alloytec

Anthonie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Hi all I was just wondering what regulations I would have to comply with to keep the car legal, I live in Victoria so VicRoads is my licensing and registration office however I was wondering would I need to pass a VASS to keep it legal and registered for the road

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
You need to go to the Vic Roads website and trawl through their documents relating to vehicle modifications.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
The car needs to be able to pass roadworthy. Usually that will entail some kind of engineering certificate (or VASS seems to be your state equivalent) as this car was never released supercharged.

Would strongly recommend you talk to an engineer beforehand to find out what you have to do. On top of that, you should also plan out who you will get to do your tuning as there are not a lot of people around who support the factory Alloytec ECUs (given you're in Melbourne, you should be able to find somebody a lot easier than other parts of Aus).

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
I’m gonna be that guy lol..... sell it and buy a v8 if you want some power probably cheaper and easier in the long run

Anthonie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
I’m gonna be that guy lol..... sell it and buy a v8 if you want some power probably cheaper and easier in the long run
I get where your coming from but I still like my alloytec

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Have done so however there is not detailed info
Not detailed?
They have the most detail anyone will have. As is in every state.

Anthonie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Not detailed?
They have the most detail anyone will have. As is in every state.
I’ve read through the engine modification sector and yes I need to pass a VASS however it does not tell me requirements if they were more specific it would be much easier for instance it is under modification of the engine not supercharging you engine

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
I’ve read through the engine modification sector and yes I need to pass a VASS however it does not tell me requirements if they were more specific it would be much easier for instance it is under modification of the engine not supercharging you engine
Then lets go back to @_R_J_K_ 's suggestion to get an engineer involved.

Anthonie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Then lets go back to @_R_J_K_ 's suggestion to get an engineer involved.
I’d be happy to do that if I even had a clue where to start looking... u have no idea where I can find an engineer or what type of engineer would do this work...