Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Supercharging sv6

CoJang

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 SA5
Hey guys, I'm thinking about blowing my auto sv6. It's an early 05 with 145,000 kms. I'm wondering how the engine and gearbox will cope with the the extra power, the only thing that's gone wrong with the car so far is the oil pressure sensor switch needing to be replaced maybe 10,000 kms ago.
My mods so far are full twin 2.25" exhaust with extractors and hi flow cats, and cold air intake.
I'm looking at getting it done somewhere in SA but am willing to travel if i need to, to get a good job done.
After the job I'd also like a tune, and possibly shift kit in the near future, depending on how much cash I have left.
Also how much extra power can I expect?
Thanks for the help

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
a mate of mine has raptored his sv6, and his oppinions can be read in the raptor section of the forum. his username is impulsesv6 if you want to search him. i think raptor kits claim between 200 and 240 rwkw, the kit costs $5900. also, no shift kits or anything relating to the gearbox are available, but what ive understood, the gearbox handles it well enough. if you are super serious about getting the power out of it, i think a 4sp that has been rebuilt and strengthened and a shift kit would go nicely with the 190 alloytec, well thats my plan if i ever go FI

CoJang

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 SA5
Yeah cheers, upgrading to an 8 is my other thought. One of my mates wants to buy my car too so it shouldn't be that hard, just gotta come up with a fair price.