Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Supercharging VP Commodore

jonathanreynolds94

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive
I was looking at supercharging my 1992 Vp S2 V6 with an Eaton M90. It has an LG2 engine. I was looking for preferably something that would bolt on as apposed to fabricating the existing manifold. I am new to this but from what I understand the same engines can be found in the states with supercharged engines. So do I just need to source an intake manifold from a series 2 supercharged engine from the states? I believe the part number is #24504502 (I have attached an image of it)

Ebay link for the item as well: GM 3 8L Supercharged Intake Manifold Reman | eBay

Will the above manifold bolt on to my existing engine so I can then put the m90 on top of that? I know there would still be a lot more to do but I just want to know if this would get me started.
Thanks

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 1,134

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Series 2 engine in the US refers to the L67 which isn't compatible with the earlier V6 engines unfortunately. The earlier supercharged V6 engines used the eaton M62 blowers.

The manifold won't bolt on because they changed the deck height from the 3800 V6 to ecotec V6 engine as well as a change in the intake port arrangement.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
you could pick up a m62 blower and matching manifold, but the blower inlet neck will need cutting and moving as they were in fwd cars, so east-west, and didnt have to contend with the firewall.

as said though, the manifold you linked wont fit yours

jonathanreynolds94

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive
Thanks heaps for the responses.
Other than the CRS Sc14 are there any other good value options? $4,500+ for the raptor/yella Terra systems is a little out of my price range.

DJ_Cosmic_Fire

smarter not harder
Reaction score
Website
www.house-mixes.com
Members Ride
VP S-Pack Oct '91 - VT SrsII Wagon
Hi mate, I have done my research extensively & actually have a reco'd & ported M62, rotors & snout completely renewed, with the correct lim (lower intake manifold) & gaskets, polished fuel rails, custom made chromed "U" bend/elbow for the 70mm throttle body, 42psi injectors, & L67 coolant pipe. With the throttle body plate, I figured chopping a spare 3800 elbow will do the job as positioning of the M62 elbow isn't too far off factory or tack welding the throttle cable/tv cable plate onto the custom elbow. Also have to consider vacuum for the HAVC & Brake booster. DFI relocation - 2 choices, first to cut a spare dfi plate & weld it to another at a reverse right angle, secondly I could get longer leads & relocate to behind the LHS strut tower housing. With the Alternator I have a 5ltr Bracket that has the adjustable pulley, it will fit with some meat cut off one side then spacers off the intake head to line up with the other pulleys. Then a simple & strong little bracket from the top factory idler over the M62 snout. Back of Alternator is secured by the factory adjustable rod. With the coolant pipe I have an L67 stainless pipe to wrap round as the L67 does, which allows for proper bleeding of the system. These little M62 units need to be cool as the rotors spin much faster than an M90, intercooling a2a would be beneficial & a 25mm "a2a" lim plate custom created with live dyno tuning will see some surprising results on the fully worked 3800. I've created a 25mm M62 insulator eitherway which is sandwiched between the lim / charger plus applying the PWR interchiller kit so as mentioned above for this FI setup, it's live dyno for the delco not just tunerpro bench eprom work or detonation will mess everything up. If you are keen then just about anything is possible, just takes planning patience persistence.

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore

DJ_Cosmic_Fire

smarter not harder
Reaction score
Website
www.house-mixes.com
Members Ride

This is an GM 3800 Eaton M62 top mount supercharger to fit a VN / VP / VR - V6 - which is mine, that link on the gumtree advert is for an LSJ or a Merc, definitely not for the 3800 ..

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
Lol serves me right for linking to the first match I found on slumtree...someone should shoot the poor sod a pm and tell him :) meh my bad soz for the bum steer...

DJ_Cosmic_Fire

smarter not harder
Reaction score
Website
www.house-mixes.com
Members Ride
All good I haven't logged in for a quiet a while & noticed this thread active, so that's how I noticed as I'm in the process of transplanting a worked 3800 which will most likely include the GM Eaton M62 as pictured. That other one on gumtree might even be an M112, with the right engine bay those things really pep things up!