Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SuperCharging VS

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
Hey ppl
Gurlfriend wants me to find out how dose she go about supercharging her stock vs calais, as to whats involved and how much would it cost an that sorta stuff. oh and she wants to know how would she go about gettn a monaro tyre bonnet made up for her car also

cheers ppl :)

V

VSAccCom

ok do a search coz this has been covered before, and if u wanna get it supercharged u need more than just a supercharger, u need roller rockers, extractors, exhaust, prob put in a chip too, prob a stronger bottom end or the supercharger will just fkn rip thru it and prob a few more things, its not gona be cheap plus considering the amout of fuel ull be using hope u have big pockets... why not just chip it and have a good exhaust put on more than enough power

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
VSAccCom said:
ok do a search coz this has been covered before, and if u wanna get it supercharged u need more than just a supercharger, u need roller rockers, extractors, exhaust, prob put in a chip too, prob a stronger bottom end or the supercharger will just fkn rip thru it and prob a few more things, its not gona be cheap plus considering the amout of fuel ull be using hope u have big pockets... why not just chip it and have a good exhaust put on more than enough power
What the hell?? i think you have either been misinformed or you have some serious misconceptions about supercharging. for starters, you dont "need" all the gear you said just to install a blower kit and have it running. I agree that the gear you mentioned would be beneficial in the hunt for more power later on. but as for now, an exhaust upgrade should suffice. most kits for the v6 will run fairly low boost. if you get a kit from a well known supplier they would have taken the stock nature and strength of the motor at hand into consideration. they wouldnt be in business if they sold "grenade kits" now, would they?

V

VSAccCom

yeah tru, but depends wat type of psi boost they want, if they want a 10 or above psi boost (lol makes the car move) then stock engine will see its ass in 5 min, a 2-3 psi boost stock will prob be fine considering its not a 200,000k engine coz thats just looking for trouble aint it?? but hey i would rather be on the safer side than give some advise and let the person find out later they need a new engine ?? but i guess its up to the person.. and chipping is simply put a chip that allows ur engine to perform like it was ment to(chaser chips, gold ships etc) coz apparantly holden caps ur engine at like 29% of its capacity or something and the chip just allows a better gain by changing air flow, mixture etc...

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
you dont neccesarily need over 10psi to get a car moving. providing it's a relatively good enigne first hand, then a good 6-7 psi should be enough for some entertainment. As for your chips and engine programming, holden has to cater for all subjects, not just straight out power. idle and running quality on a range of different quality fuels and in a range of environments force holden to conservatively tune your ecu to be able to run reliably in a given situation. Not just on the track with a gut full of octane booster.