Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

stoney1only2001

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VU S pack 2002
Hey there, i'm wondering what would be the best performance ideas to supercharge my 2002 manual vu v6, i'm thinking go with the raptor supercharger kit, but i'm wondering what would be the most amount of boost i can run, engine has 200,000 kms, is the boost adjustable, and how easy is it to adjust (if it's a daily driver can i have a low boost setting), can i put a loud blow off valve or does it already have one, and if i do the throttle body upgrade will the tune for the raptor sc still work fine? when i do this, is it necessary to do new pistons, gaskets, etc

MACE

Reaction score
Hey there, i'm wondering what would be the best performance ideas to supercharge my 2002 manual vu v6, i'm thinking go with the raptor supercharger kit, but i'm wondering what would be the most amount of boost i can run, engine has 200,000 kms, is the boost adjustable, and how easy is it to adjust (if it's a daily driver can i have a low boost setting), can i put a loud blow off valve or does it already have one, and if i do the throttle body upgrade will the tune for the raptor sc still work fine? when i do this, is it necessary to do new pistons, gaskets, etc
It would depend on your budget and requrements I guess (?) Another option to consider would be to do a factory supercharged v6 engine conversion. . For ideas in regards to how to do this, please refer to this link below.

http://mace.kayako.com/Knowledgebase/List/Index/744/l67-conversion

If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Kindest Regards,
Steve

Zeke Topanaga

Reaction score
Members Ride
HX Sandman p van 308 4speed
Low comp pistons would have to be the go if you want more boost than a stock supercharged V6 for sure.
The stock supercharges V6 can be run on 91 octane but it uses a fair bit more fuel and looses a lot of power.

MACE

Reaction score
It would depend on the blower, fuel used, application etc around what comp to run.

Doing a factory supercharged V6 engine conversion though, and it would be a good idea to run them on 98 octane fuel if you want to leverage more of their potential.

whipple v6

Reaction score
Members Ride
vu v6 ute
It would depend on your budget and requrements I guess (?) Another option to consider would be to do a factory supercharged v6 engine conversion. . For ideas in regards to how to do this, please refer to this link below.

Kindest Regards,
Steve

Kindest Regards,
Steve
use cometic steel head gaskets

whipple v6

Reaction score
Members Ride
vu v6 ute
hi I have a vu v6 with a terra charger on it and on lpg , what ever you do put arp head stud kit and cometic head gaskets from mace, my motor has done 230000 klms, been on since 60000 only problem I hade was a head stud broke and head gasket leaked compression into the water, been going 11 years

whipple v6

Reaction score
Members Ride
vu v6 ute

whipple v6

Reaction score
Members Ride
vu v6 ute
hi bye what I have done to my vu v6if money is tight ,I would go with a capa super charger, no computer mods 6psi boost it goes straight on,,i would go with cometic head gaskets and arp head stud kit,, get out of it for about $6000to $6500and I would go with 1.9 rockers, you can get it all from mace,,,ps..and put on alloy inlet manifold gaskets.

Last edited: