Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Superlows lowering FE2

trentvy

Dodges raindrops
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy S pack
hey all I have a vy s pack with FE2 springs i just wanna know how low king springs superlow will lower it from FE2. is it worth it or should I just go SSL?

By the way I did a search on this and didnt get the answers i wanted. I know there is surplus lowering threads so dont flame me :thumbsup:

daniel555

Custom VY Commodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive S2
Depends how low you want it i guess, SSL's at the rear, SL's at the front looks quite good.
But im thinking of going SSSL's at the rear and SSL's at the front, Waiting on wheels to be fitted and see how it looks with the SSL's, But yeah.
Personal preference mate.

TrikkBen

I'm Back :D
Reaction score
Website
www.asroilpans.com
Members Ride
BNR32
My Mrs's Brother's got a red VY S. Got SSSL(Ultras) in the front and SSL(Supers) in the rear. Got a pretty tough looking rake. I guess its personal preferance mate.

lastlegend

Phantom VY SS
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 Black VY SS + 1999 Silver VT Olympic Sedan
Dropped kings SL front and Rear on the SS from the original FE2's with 19" rims, rides alot firmer and on has caused some issues with the rear shocks which I am about to change out.

But all in all its low enough for me and still goes over speed bumps ( slowly) without so much problems.

Personal pref mate......consider the roads you will be driving on every day.

lastlegend

Phantom VY SS
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 Black VY SS + 1999 Silver VT Olympic Sedan
Lastlegend, How much tyre tuck you get with your wheels and suspension?

Thanks.

The fronts tyres (top) sit just level with the front guards and I don't have any issues with them rubbing and they don't give me any issues, the rears tyres (top) are tucked about 30mm up into the rear guards which I had rolled ( As I was planning 20's) and while the tyres are not an issue the shocks have taken a beating on the roads around Brisbane due to road works and pot holes and have peeled a section off the shocks outter tube up and it is smashing down on the shocks lower bolts and now sounds like I am bottoming out over every bump. I am replacing the rear shocks this weekend.

Apart from the shock problem the Rims design where made for late model Commodores so with the rear camber they sit very nicely up into the guard with no rubbing.

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/vy-holden-commodore-2002-2004/90193-vz-fluted-guards-vy-ss.html

This image was taken when the springs went in and the car has dropped and settled about 20mm since then.

trentvy

Dodges raindrops
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy S pack
thanks alot lastlegend that was the answer i was looking for. so hopefully mine will look pretty low with 18s as we have the same bodykit