Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

superlows

vs_dumped

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
hey all just wondering if anyone with Ultra low king springs in their VS live axle could please post up a picture. i have superlows in my VS however the rear sits an inch above the wheel and the front level and looks odd. im looking at putting ultra lows in the rear... Thanks

Cooper6969

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec
Hey mate ive got ultras in the back of mine and its still too high!!

boojak87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Series II SS 5.7L
Here's my VS live axle with ultras in the rear and supers in the front. As you can see, still not exactly as low as you would want, but it's the best you can do apart from getting shorter spring insulators, which will dump it a fair bit more, but leave it illegal.

Cheers, Boojakz.

Attachments

• picture1.JPG
    picture1.JPG
    401.1 KB · Views: 339
  • P705000477.jpg
    P705000477.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 167

struggo

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII SSV Redline + 2013 FG MKII G6ET
Here's my VS live axle with ultras in the rear and supers in the front. As you can see, still not exactly as low as you would want, but it's the best you can do apart from getting shorter spring insulators, which will dump it a fair bit more, but leave it illegal.

Cheers, Boojakz.

Hi Boojakz,

Your car looks great :w00t: :bow:

Did you put shocks/struts in it also or just the springs?

Cheers
Struggo

boojak87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Series II SS 5.7L
Yeah got the monroe gt gas shocks chucked in, king spring superlows in front and ultralows in the rear to level it out.

Cheers,
Boojakz.

SaGe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II S-PAK Manual
lol i feel sorry 4 u guys. i got my FE2 springs and all i did was get them reset and now they sit nice and low and level all round and it worked out cheaper then buying new springs

ruredi

AVGJO3
Reaction score
Members Ride
'12 SS V Z Series Manaul Sportwagon
lol i feel sorry 4 u guys. i got my FE2 springs and all i did was get them reset and now they sit nice and low and level all round and it worked out cheaper then buying new springs

I feel sorry for you because your car would also ride like a pig...especially with your standard shocks...everytime you jack it up...your springs will fall out of place and you will need to go through the dangerous procedure of getting someone to hold them in with their hands while lowering the jack. Not to mention that its most likely illegal...so yeah....but I guess you get what you pay for...

Cheers, Joe

J

JEZ088

I feel sorry for you because your car would also ride like a pig...especially with your standard shocks...everytime you jack it up...your springs will fall out of place and you will need to go through the dangerous procedure of getting someone to hold them in with their hands while lowering the jack. Not to mention that its most likely illegal...so yeah....but I guess you get what you pay for...

Cheers, Joe

hahaha now i feel like **** coz whenever i jack up my rear end to a certain point my springs fall out:p oh well.. what can ya do hahaha i didnt choose the ride height or the springs

Torquen

Boost FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
450+ HP FORD XR6T
its not illegal to get your springs reset and it works exactley the same as buying aftermarket springs. check it out in last months SC mag.

boojak87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Series II SS 5.7L
Yeahh it's not exactly illegal, but forget about having a warranty on your springs if you do it. Resetting them throws that warranty for the springs right out of the window. And the comment "you get what you paid for" is exactly right!

Cheers, Boojakz.