Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Supplement thread.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Wog I just purchased from them ordered late Monday goods arrived @ 10am Wednesday. They also do free samples, I got a sample of banana and strawberry for nothing.

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
Your level of muscular 'leanness' is actually controlled moreso by diet than it is by rep and set manipulation (i.e. 5X5 as opposed to 3X8-12). The 'intensity' of the workout is also more of a contributing factor.
Yep, I know this, that's why I mentioned lifting 'heavy' in the same sentence. I guess I should be more specific ;).
Whilst strength training has it's uses, I'm a firm believer in an 8-12 rep range where the weight increases each set so you hit failure within that rep range and then final set again where you can only get out 3-6 reps. This creates sufficient 'afterburn' through continual muscular stimulation at a high weight.
I guess it depends on your goals, I personally think it's good to mix up your training between pure strength training and training for endurance and size. I start bulking up VERY quickly when I switch to doing this from my normal strength focus.

End of the day, if you are not eating a calorie surplus you won't 'bulk up' past noobie gains. If you are not at a calorie deficit, you will not 'lose weight/lean up'.

Body composition is primarily about calories in vs calories out.

Yep, I agree.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Bulk Nutrients is a very trusted, reputable and professional company. I use a number of their products very regularly.

Has my personal guarantee. A few other JC members have subsequently bought from BN and have been impressed also.

I ordered from them Thursday morning. Got my stuff Friday.

Their shakers are fairly craptastic.

Their stuff cant be beaten on price. I got the WPC just for mixiing up with ice coffee and protein pancakes etc nice and cheap.

Ed

Reaction score
Website
www.hrt.com.au
Members Ride
TDV8 Landcruiser
Got my gold standard 100% whey banana cream flavour today, tastes bloody good even with water. Just wondering if your supposed to slowly consume it or have it fairly fast? I was pretty thirsty when I jumped in the car and had it down within 5 minutes and felt a bit bloated afterwards.

MR_VX

Forced to be Fast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pac SII Raptorcharged
I'm currently use supplements from (No Bull supplements) a great site and cheap to.
I use WPC in my morning shake and WPI after a work out. I'm also using 2shredded for a fat burner, I preferred albuterex but they stop selling it. Can anyone suggest a good pre workout?

Wogboy1994

Rough
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
Got my gold standard 100% whey banana cream flavour today, tastes bloody good even with water. Just wondering if your supposed to slowly consume it or have it fairly fast? I was pretty thirsty when I jumped in the car and had it down within 5 minutes and felt a bit bloated afterwards.

thats a good question Ed . does consuming it slower make any difference or not? i usually just skull it within 30 seconds or so

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG

There's no set time to consume it. Personally I drink my shake as soon as I walk into the change rooms and don't even stop to have a breath. Just down it and be done with it.

In terms of 'timing', science has proven that you have a 30minute window to consume your shake for maximum uptake.

However, whilst that is slightly 'bro-science'. Your body will actually primarily utilise already consumed nutrients for musclar repair after your workout. I.e. the food you ate hours before.

I would just smash the shake as soon as you've finished your workout and not think about it.

I'm currently use supplements from (No Bull supplements) a great site and cheap to.
I use WPC in my morning shake and WPI after a work out. I'm also using 2shredded for a fat burner, I preferred albuterex but they stop selling it. Can anyone suggest a good pre workout?

Pre-workouts are a crock of ****. Primarily caffeine or sugar or other chemicals.

Best 'pre-workout' is a meal with a good mix of protein/carbs/fats and/or a short black coffee for the caffeine hit.

Pre-workouts are products which are highly marketed towards people who do not actually understand the bodily reaction to various nutrients. You pay the price for it and hardly reap any return for the $$ spent.

thats a good question Ed . does consuming it slower make any difference or not? i usually just skull it within 30 seconds or so

See my above answer to Ed.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Pre-workouts are a crock of ****. Primarily caffeine or sugar or other chemicals.

Best 'pre-workout' is a meal with a good mix of protein/carbs/fats and/or a short black coffee for the caffeine hit.

Pre-workouts are products which are highly marketed towards people who do not actually understand the bodily reaction to various nutrients. You pay the price for it and hardly reap any return for the $$ spent.

Thats what Ive finally learnt. When I first started I got onto Jack3d. The first month of taking it I was like wow. I feel pumped. Realized pretty quickly it was due to a rush of caffeine and sugar. I dont drink coffee (and had stopped drinking red bull etc) so it was a massive hit.

Ive ditched the pre workouts and just supplement creatine.

Now I just have a light meal about 2 hours before (usually a fruit salad) which gives me a little bit of sugar and extra energy, I try not to eat to much before because I dont like the idea of the body trying to digest food (which uses oxygen) and trying to work out which also uses oxygen. Something will suffer, usually its digestion and you feel sick :p