Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

surge problems auto or diff

Darkk_Calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais Supercharged V6
Ive had a quick search and cant seem to find exactly whats wrong or if anyone else has had the same problem but in the last few days ive noticed that while going up a hill my car (L67 VT Calais Auto) sometimes jerks and surges a bit under power its not everytime but its starting to concern me, at first i thought it was low fuel moving away from the pick up but even on a full tank it still does it.
Im not sure what i could be its hard to tell where its jerking from the auto or diff or the fuel system somewhere is causing it.
Does anyone know what could be causing it? Any sort of info would be appreciated. Thanks

Tree cutter

Tree cutter
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais SuperchargedV6
I would try changing spark plugs. It could also be a plug lead or coil that is faulty.

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
It will be a spark issue most likely. Leads and plugs would be my starting point. Genuine leads are worth every cent IMO. Is the car boosted or running a stock charger pulley?

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
My money is on a faulty lead.

Darkk_Calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
the car is just stock boost no major mods yet, the leads and plugs arnt that old only 20,000ks and its just starting to do it now but oh well ill change them anyway to make sure, any suggestions on leads? I know the genuine ones are pretty good but ive also been hearing good things about eagle leads anyone had any good or bad experience with them?

D-Man

All over it...
Reaction score
Website
www.nextdigital.com
Members Ride
99 VT Calais II v6
blocked up injectors?

run some injector cleaner through it - mine spluttered a little though mine wasnt just on hills.... so it could be the leads. or even plugs?

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
the car is just stock boost no major mods yet, the leads and plugs arnt that old only 20,000ks and its just starting to do it now but oh well ill change them anyway to make sure, any suggestions on leads? I know the genuine ones are pretty good but ive also been hearing good things about eagle leads anyone had any good or bad experience with them?
Don't buy new leads until you check them. Check the resistance with a multimeter. I don't have time now but I will post the acceptable resistance of each lead later.

Darkk_Calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
thanks accentstencil that would be a great help it would save me heaps :)

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
Don't buy new leads until you check them. Check the resistance with a multimeter. I don't have time now but I will post the acceptable resistance of each lead later.
High tension lead resistance limit is: leads 1,3 and 5.....10 k/ohms.
leads 2, 4 and 6.....27 k/ohms or 17 k/ohms for supercharged.

Darkk_Calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
thanks for that ill check tonight, hopefully its that :)