Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[Ecotec] surge tank help

p_schrapel

soon to be big turbo
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
hey there does anyone know wat fuel i should run from my fuel tank to my surge tank. then from my surge tank to my engine im in the middle of my fuel system and wanting to buy a lift pump in the next couple of days to have fuel system finished ready for the turbo. im going to be running around 20psi-25psi when racing it. i have a bosch 044 external pump to take fuel from surge tank to engine now just need a pump from tank to surge tank. im thinking of heading towards a vl turbo intake pump which is low pressure and flows around 160lph and is low pressure which is meant to be good as it doesnt attimise fuel. any help would be great

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Standard in tank or even vl turbo pump is fine one of the main advantages of a surge tank is your lift pump doesnt need to do a lot of work . Its main job is to keep the surge tank full for when large amounts of fuel is needed, which isnt very often. With the return line going back to the surge tank any remainder fuel from the rail will help top it up. Theres not much chance of using 1.5lt+ of fuel from the surge tank in a short period of time that some will not get replenished

Last edited:

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
like pub said stock in tank is more than capable as the return from the fuel rails fills the pot too