Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

surges and just stays alive

MickT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Hey all..just about half hour ago i was just about to jump on the freeway and it started doing it again, so i put my foot down hit around 110km then got off next exit and the car was idling smooth as lol, i dont get it. Yeh this is my third ecu. Ive never look at the DFI, mite have to have a look at it. Im building an ALDL cable to hook it up should give me the answer. Injectors are good, fuel filter is new. It does it when im backing off, could the Iac be getting jammed even though ive cleaned it? Ill check the DFI, so rob drag racer your saying it shouldnt be dirty anything else i should be looking for? Also here and there there's a egg/sulphur smell, dont know if that have anything to do with it that could just be a shot cat.

rob drag racer

vn vp drag nut
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
vp 3.8 with gas new project vn s1 guted strip only
burn marks also oil and corrosion when you have it fully disassembled hold it up to a light this will aid in finding any major flaws in the dfi wile your at it check under the coils to see if theres any cracks developing its a singe that you will need new coils in the future

id recommend using circuit board cleaner to clean it (dfi) that way you wont short it out you can get it from Tandy dick smiths ect

and as for the cat dose it seem to have good flow still

MickT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Ah ok cool. Ill check that out. Yeh its got a good flow, though i think the welding on one end of the cat is cracked and at high revs you can hear an air leak. Thanks for the info:thumbsup:

MickT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Haha your a good man rob drag racer but im in Melb. Thanks for offering anyway:thumbsup:

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
maybe the cat is toasted there is one sure fire way to find out :whistling jam a crowbar down it and tip out all the goodies inside then get one of robs ones sent via mail if it helps

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
have you considered the TPS. a dodgy TPS can make the engine surge and possibly stall. my new(but used) TPS did this to me yesterday. swapped back to the old TPS and better for now but back to my old problems:bang:

holden-4-life

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Equipe II
coolant temp sensor is possible dose the car smell rich at idle ?

very rich. too rich. i seem to be losing a bit of fluids on my garage floor but not sure if thats the same problem.

also as u mentioned coolant, my car seem to spray drops of coolent all over my air box and stuff. not much just few drops. coolent level is fine but. could that have anything to do with it?