Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

surges and just stays alive

MickT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
I was driving around today and the car stalled on me, i didnt even feel it stall, no jolt or nothing. I then started it up again and had to keep my foot on the accelerator when ever i put it in drive cause the revs would drop so low the car would start surging. As soon as i would put it in Park or Neutral the revs would go back up n back to normal. No codes come up.
Anyone have this problem before?
Cheers.

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
I was driving around today and the car stalled on me, i didnt even feel it stall, no jolt or nothing. I then started it up again and had to keep my foot on the accelerator when ever i put it in drive cause the revs would drop so low the car would start surging. As soon as i would put it in Park or Neutral the revs would go back up n back to normal.
Anyone have this problem before?
Cheers.

Sounds like the IAC valve on the throttle body just needs a clean out. Common problem.

MickT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Ive already cleaned it, could it just be faulty?

MickT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Hey mate. This is a different problem now. The car was running good for a while. Never ends does it?

jakewaze

Jakewaze
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Spack S1 Auto
coil pak. similar to mine a few months bak

rob drag racer

vn vp drag nut
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
vp 3.8 with gas new project vn s1 guted strip only
do a computer swap that's if ya know some one you can borrow one from its possible that it has a un determined fault