Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

surging after putting a new exhaust on

secretive

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx 2001 supercharged commodore
but you can see it on the taco fluctuating before i put the new exhaust on the taco never fluctuated so wouldn't that be a sign that it's just started since putting the new exhaust on? Like i said i'm clueless when it comes to cars just know the basics like how to check my fluid levels :)

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Mate,I think that exhaust place is full of it.But play their game and give it a few days,then if its no better,take it back to them and tell them you want it fixed..Ive never had a problem with a car running like crap because an aftermarket exhaust system was fitted.And Ive helped mates fit a few of them, and I have done a few myself.And what has happened to your car, has not happened to any that Ive done,so theres something not right there somewhere..And as for the computer,it will adjust itself pretty much straight away after the engine is started .The fuel trims might take a bit of time to work themselves out,but they wont cause it to hunt and run bad etc.Id say the exhaust place has probably knocked something off around the engine somewhere and they havent realised,like a vacuum hose at the rear of the engine or whatever.

secretive

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx 2001 supercharged commodore
thanks heaps everyone for your help and suggestions the more infor i can get the better prepared i can be in resolving this when i take it back to them and yeah they said give it 200k's to settle in then see how it is so far i've done 160k's and still doing it so doubt it will magically fix itself at 200k's but for now i'll play there game.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
a lot of holdens do this after exhausts fitted cuts in and out of decel mode some even jump from decel to acell mode after an exhaust when going downhill .others do it cause the o2 sensors arnt fast enough reacting

brad_m_is

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX Calais
its normal mate every commodore i have driven has done it as u coast down a hill at 100 kays u can see the tacho moving a small amount totally normal. its only u noticed it as u can now hear it!

Tree cutter

Tree cutter
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais SuperchargedV6
My Calais has always done it. After i fitted new spark plugs, fuel filter and air cleaner it doesnt surge as much.