Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Would things have been different if I didn't use the tabs or a stop leak in the system who knows....

View attachment 239148

Got that right...I haven't understood anything, especially with this quote you posted above..

You can't spruke the benefits of these pelletts, when you have never ever not used them....

I can honestly say I have never ever used any pelletts/bars stop leaks and I have never ever had sealing issues as a result of actually using a bit of sealant/or tightening a hose clamp properly, when I have replaced parts like water pumps/welsh plugs/water hoses//LIM gasket....

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
Got that right...I haven't understood anything, especially with this quote you posted above..

You can't spruke the benefits of these pelletts, when you have never ever not used them....

I can honestly say I have never ever used any pelletts/bars stop leaks and I have never ever had sealing issues as a result of actually using a bit of sealant/or tightening a hose clamp properly, when I have replaced parts like water pumps/welsh plugs/water hoses//LIM gasket....
Funny thing is my engine has 400,000km and still has original welch plugs. Go figure. Hoses I seal with a light coat of Permatex No.2 paste. They last longer this way and I don't need to overtighten them. Reckon they done over 100,000k's now. Mile for mile, I know I get many years out of radiators and water pumps. It's nice to have the thermo housing and other gaskets seal up the pin holes instead. At the moment I have no stop leak as I am swapping cam and lifters, but I have my Nulon graphite stuff ready for once its all assembled. Each to their own.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Funny thing is my engine has 400,000km and still has original welch plugs. Go figure. Hoses I seal with a light coat of Permatex No.2 paste. They last longer this way and I don't need to overtighten them. Reckon they done over 100,000k's now. Mile for mile, I know I get many years out of radiators and water pumps. It's nice to have the thermo housing and other gaskets seal up the pin holes instead. At the moment I have no stop leak as I am swapping cam and lifters, but I have my Nulon graphite stuff ready for once its all assembled. Each to their own.

Now you're insinuating you don't use those pelletts...

So which is it? You use them or you don't? That's what the discussion was about to begin with....

Me, never used a stop leak product like those pelletts (never knew they existed), nor bars stop leak and I have got plenty of miles out of welsh plugs/radiators/water pumps.....

Have an engine here built in 1976, with over 500,000K on it, with the original welsh plugs....Guess what....No stop leak crap in the cooling system with that.....So your point is what about your welsh plugs?

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
Now you're insinuating you don't use those pelletts...

So which is it? You use them or you don't? That's what the discussion was about to begin with....

Me, never used a stop leak product like those pelletts (never knew they existed), nor bars stop leak and I have got plenty of miles out of welsh plugs/radiators/water pumps.....

Have an engine here built in 1976, with over 500,000K on it, with the original welsh plugs....Guess what....No stop leak crap in the cooling system with that.....So your point is what about your welsh plugs?
Wow what a kid. That's ok you can have the last say. Just ruining the thread. I know you are the best case you don't use anything in your engine. You can have the "Anti Pellet" medal.

"So your point is what about your welsh plugs?" - You've had to change them and I haven't. Now go have your final say and be done. Mod can lock the thread for you thereafter.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Wow what a kid. That's ok you can have the last say. Just ruining the thread. I know you are the best case you don't use anything in your engine. You can have the "Anti Pellet" medal.

"So your point is what about your welsh plugs?" - You've had to change them and I haven't. Now go have your final say and be done. Mod can lock the thread for you thereafter.

To recommend something so hard as you are with pelletts, you have to try replacing parts using them and not using them to form the opinion....

I have never ever used them and never had any leaks...Have you ever not used them and not had leaks? Simple enough thing to respond to, rather than bounce all over the place