Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

suspension and brake recommendations

slipstream scott

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf2 redline wagon
hi.. I'm looking to upgrade my suspension and brakes on my vf2 redline wagon and would like to get any advice or thoughts on what would be a good set up. springs I want to go superlow but not sure on what shocks to get (bilstein , koni ,Monroe) I would like a firm but comfy ride if possible. brakes I'm looking at DBA T3 and red stuff pads. just looking for setup that is quiet as possible with least amount of dust and pulls up quick when needed. thank you in advance for your help. cheers

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Hi Scott,
Good choice with the brakes. Re pads, Redstuff are good. Only downsides I found were price, they wore out quickly and they were aggressive on the T3 rotors. But, they had great bite and stopping power. No fade either and little dust compared to stock.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
If you've got the dollars for the good stuff don't go half way and put Monroes in there.
Brakes are a bit more individual and easier to change again if you don't like them.
QFM and REMSA are both good too but depends on your driving style as to what will suit you best. You have to be hard on them sometimes or they'll glaze over.

monty_vfssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV S2 Redline
My vf2 redline has king Springs SSSL in the rear and SSL springs in the front. Sits 350mm in the rear and 360mm in the front (wheel centre to top of guard measurement). It doesn't look super low but i find it still scrapes on alot of speed humps and driveways if your not cautious.

Wouldn't recommend cheap coilovers as they have crap shocks. If you have the coin spend more on a good quality short shock. If not Monroe short shocks are fine up to a certain point.

Whats wrong with the redlines brakes?? Apart from the crazy amounts of dust.

slipstream scott

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf2 redline wagon
Thank you for the replies, I'm leaning towards bilstein or koni's just not sure which one would be smoother and spring size I would like low but still able to drive over speed bumps. brake wise I would like something less dusty and less squeal if possible

arthurk

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Redline VFII / SSV Motorsport KOM0993
Drove a mates VE wagon he has Bilsteins with Lovells and I was mighty impressed.