Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Suspension differences

Deltak

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Can some one tell me the actual differences between the standard suspension (FE 1?) and a FE 2 suspension on a sedan?

Also, was there a FE 1.5 and what are the differences between this and standard?

Thanks

Deltak

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
My ex gf's brother used to work at a Holden dealership and he used to tell me about FE1.5 being a slightly lower suspension level for those that didnt want the harsher ride of the FE2 which was a bit lower again. Other than different springs im not sure what the exact differences are in the VZ range, in the VN days it used to include larger brakes (I know this is not the case with VZ) and different sized sway bars etc. Im sure someone here will know the full specs of VZ FE2.

Ronaldw

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CALAIS DEC 2007
I have an Equipe which came with the FE2 and the car is slightly lower and the ride is bloody hard as rocks, they put on 17x8 wheels which I keep 34lbs in so I can steer it.

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
I had a VX with FE2.

I now have a VZ with god knows what. The plate lists it as having STD suspension (standard) but she definately sits lower then standard.

It was an ex police car from the country, and Im told they had FE 1.5 fitted for better handling then standard at high speed, but also for more comfort then FE2 because it spends its whole time in service on real rough and bumpy rural roads.

I find it alot softer then the FE2 in the VX but at the same time she sits just as low and does help handling alot better when compared to a standard VZ.

We have a VZ equipe which has FE2 standard and the 2 seem to sit at the same height. Maybe mines FE2 as well and its just me, maybe its FE 1.5, maybe its something completely different :whistling:

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual
i thought fe1.5 was only just released in the ve's?

=SKB=

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on the ride quality of the SS Wagon's (FE2). Same as the sedan?

=SKB=

Reaction score
You would first have to find a VZ SS wagon :p

Har Har

That's why there is no 'VZ' mentioned in my post. Looking at VY SS Wagon FE2 suspension. Wondering if the ride is similar to sedans, i.e. harsh.