Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Suspension Help VS Wagon

terry_toughnuts

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
Hi everyone,

Quick couple of questions. I currently have a 95 VS wagon and the rear end has a really rough ride. The car hasn't been lowered and there hasn't been any suspension modification.

I know that shocks do wear out over time and I'm instinctively thinking rear shocks. I just wanted to know if there is anything else that could need changing out that would make the ride rough? Is it possible for the spring to need replacing as well?

Second question, if i was going to look at lowering the car, how much lower could it go without needing a camber kit/panhard rod replaced? Also what’s a good spring size and type that would let the car be lowered a little without sacrificing too much comfort?

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
Does the ass sorta float round/bounce when u hit a bump?
Id put me bets on shocks, there not too much n easy to change.

As for lowering, is ur diff solid or IRS, if its solid u wont need camber kit, but will need adj panhard rod if u got any lower than Lows, u can get away with lower but one side will rub, best to just get one anyway.

ive got lows in mine, not heavy duty, still little ruff, but not too bad, not kidney busting jolts lol

heavy duties n low profile tyres, its nice n bumpy but can hit coners like ur glued to the rd