Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Suspension noise

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Mine did that and it was strut bearings. Although I still have occasional knock from the right hand strut. Bearing and bushes fixed it 90%. I must have something else not quite right. I'd say the issue you have is strut bearings. Make sure you get good brand ones, cheap eBay bearings will fail within six months.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
It would be worth biting the bullet and replacing every bush in the front end that hasn't already been replaced. I couldn't believe the difference it made, and the noises and knocks that it eliminated.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
It could also be the ball joint mount. Often the 3 rivets loosen and will rattle over bumps.

Before spending money, lift up the car safely and move/Bounce/rattle components in the front end to pinpoint the part.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Pulled it apart
Bearings shot
How did the strut tops look compared to new ones? They slowly get shorter and shorter as they get older. Radius rod bushes make noises when they're flogged out too.

stevetortilla

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr 5litre
It could also be the ball joint mount. Often the 3 rivets loosen and will rattle over bumps.

Before spending money, lift up the car safely and move/Bounce/rattle components in the front end to pinpoint the part.
Last night I replaced the front bushes ,which were all well worn
Didnt get to test it yet