Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

suspension Query

skotie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina 3.8 A4
Hi all i have just purchased a vr 5l berlina wagon and my intentions are to lower it a little. My old car being a 92 vp berlina i was wondering if my suspension from the front and rear of that will fit the wagon. It all looks very similar but i'd rather not waste my time taking everything apart and it not fitting. Also i have pacemakers on my vp but the vp is a v6 and the wagon being a v8 was also wondering if my 2 1/2 cat back exhaust would fit the wagon also has pacemaker extractors. I know i could but all new stuff but all of these items from the old car were only about 2 months old.

cheers skotie...

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
springs SHOULD fit, but don't quote me. struts are slightly different (sleeves are welded on VR, but slip on VP.
cat-back will fit providing the old car was a wagon. sedan and wagon/ute have different floor pan

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
At the rear the 2 differences in the suspension are the springs and shocks.
Shocks can't be swapped but springs can be swapped, I have sedan low springs in my wagon.
At the front only the springs are interchangable but V6 springs will sit lower under the heavier V8.
Exhaust only the front up to the cat is the same the rear is completely different rear muffler is further towards the outside of the car in a wagon.