Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Suspension troubles

NIXONLS1

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my mum
Hey guys,
I have a vz ss ute with sssl king springs in it and one side sits higher than the other(passenger side higher by 10mm). I swapped rear springs around to make sure both springs were exactly same height (which they were), now i have been told it could be the rubber bushes at the top of the strut tower may have collapsed. Could this be the problem?
Any help much appreciated.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
That's a common problem. I'm about to do mine actually. Open the bonnet and have a look at the top of the strut. If there is a gap between the rubber and guard then they are stuffed.

NIXONLS1

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my mum
Yep, there sure is. Cheers juzo, now i no thats the problem. Also is there a better compound bush because the ones that are in it seem pretty poor.

Escape-The-Fate

HSV, i just want one
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS, M6
Also is there a better compound bush because the ones that are in it seem pretty poor.

yep its called polyurethane and its your friend when it comes to suspension!:thumbsup:

NIXONLS1

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my mum
Nice, i like the hint of sarcasam to hahah. Cheers guys.

Escape-The-Fate

HSV, i just want one
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS, M6
wasnt ment to come across like that haha..i just know of alot of people including myself having alot of issues with the stock standard rubber bushes and stuff..as i said poly is your friend.

cheers james