Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Suspension. Ve

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
this is a myth, the maths doesn't surport it at all.

245/35R20 = 679mm overall diameter
245/45R18 = 678mm overall diameter

So buy swapping from 18s to 20s by 0.5mm

Unless he didn't put the correct profile tyre on to keep the rolling diameter the same..

Robbo VS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV PHANTOM
I just measured my SSV sedan which is still on FE2 and the results were (unloaded) centre hub to guard

Front: 391mm
Rear: 388mm

I guess the slightly lower height is just from being a 7 year old vehicle and it has sagged a little. I am yet to find a speed bump that I can't clear without scraping.

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
I just measured my SSV sedan which is still on FE2 and the results were (unloaded) centre hub to guard

Front: 391mm
Rear: 388mm

I guess the slightly lower height is just from being a 7 year old vehicle and it has sagged a little. I am yet to find a speed bump that I can't clear without scraping.

FE1 Sportwagon
Front 400
Rear 396

Dan Ehrlich

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 Ve SSV Commodore
Are these measurements taken from the centre rim to guard or from the lip on bottom of rim to guard?

So I've just gone and measured from the centre of hub to guard
Front 372mm
Rear 333mm

It's mainly the flange join on the extractors and the cats that scrape out.
I have a Twin 3 inch exhaust so that doesn't help either..
Going by these measurements I think I may have been mislead and I actually have a lower spring then fe2. I bought the car with this suspension and I was told it was fe2.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Yeah mate, too low, I've been there and the stock shocks don't actually work properly at that height, hit bump stops over decent undulations too. I reckon stock FE2 springs, 370 -380 HTG all around is practical (and legal) without looking too bad. Otherwise you will scrape and possibly do damage. I doubt insurance covers that...

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
It must be lower than FE2.. I run ultra lows in my car (lowest King spring out) and even I miss alot of speed humps. Don't get me wrong, the big ones I have to crab walk over, but otherwise I have no issues?

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
It's mainly the flange join on the extractors and the cats that scrape out.
I have a Twin 3 inch exhaust so that doesn't help either..

It must be lower than FE2.. I run ultra lows in my car (lowest King spring out) and even I miss alot of speed humps. Don't get me wrong, the big ones I have to crab walk over, but otherwise I have no issues?

Dude it's OPs aftermarket 3" exhaust hanging down that's hitting. Nothing wrong with the suspension.

Fix your exhaust!

Dan Ehrlich

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 Ve SSV Commodore
Dude it's OPs aftermarket 3" exhaust hanging down that's hitting. Nothing wrong with the suspension.

Fix your exhaust!

It's not my exhaust.. Thought that May have been the problem got it fixed and still scrapes out. The exhaust is pushed up as high as it can go..

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
It's not my exhaust.. Thought that May have been the problem got it fixed and still scrapes out. The exhaust is pushed up as high as it can go..

Well I've got the stock exhaust, King ultra lows (SSSL) and I've never scraped the exhaust or any speed bumps. Only the people with 3" exhausts complain they have this problem. My eyebrow heights are about 360mm front and 345mm rear so about 2 inches lower then your FE2 and no scraping