Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

suspension

wot recession

call me wotman
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 auto Ute.
I got a vf sv6 ute.
I am going to tow around 1600 kilos.
The ute is lowered.
Can you put stronger suspension?
or air bags or something.
I don't want the back to drop much under tow.

kosta364

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF REDLINE UTE
You can airbag it, or you can put some Heavy Duty lowered springs in. From what i have seen though the car will still sag a little in the rear under towing.

Phil the shearer

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 ssv manual ute
I don't understand why people wanna lower their vehicles. The sv6 is low enough as it is. It's not a race car, its supposed to be a utility vehicle. You wanna tow something , so why the hell you wanna lower it????
Have anice time enjoying the trouble lowering your vehicle is going to cause you.
Just my opinion , but I truly hate the look of a lowered vehicle, especially holden utes.
Don't mean to be mean but think about what you are doing, in the end you are sacrificing practicality and ride comfort for looks. You think it looks great lowered, fair enough ,its your ute.
I think lowered utes look ridiculous, they are like going for a ride in a high powered suspensionless go kart!

Phil the shearer

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 ssv manual ute
Just read this back to myself . Pretty offensive, I apologise, hope you find a sutuon to your problem

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
If the trailer is set up and loaded properly, it won't push the back of the ute down that much anyway, so any extra load carrying assisting devices are pointless. They are only there to compensate for an incorrect set up.

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
Just read this back to myself . Pretty offensive, I apologise, hope you find a sutuon to your problem

Its ok granddad we realise you have to let off some steam now and then so you don't explode your foo foo

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
Have a nice time enjoying the trouble lowering your vehicle is going to cause you.
Just my opinion , but I truly hate the look of a lowered vehicle. I think lowered utes look ridiculous, they are like going for a ride in a high powered suspensionless go kart!

Ok cool, your entitled to your own opinion but don't expect everyone to agree with you. Maybe in the future just don't comment if it's negative n non-constructive.

Can you put stronger suspension?
or air bags or something.
I don't want the back to drop much under tow.

You want springs with higher spring rates then.

Most King spring HDs are like 8-9kg which should be heaps! But you could custom source some 12kgs and it will not sag!!

I have seen 60kg springs in some Stanced cars. However super stiff rear springs in a very light rear end of a ute would be a ruff ride and probably not the best.

Maybe look at rear Coilovers with adjustable dampers so you can be stiff for towing n drop it back to mid range stiffness for street use.

The damper adjustment does make a huge difference

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
All you need to do is make sure the tongue on the towball is at the correct height, as it will be lower now that you have lowered the ute. You need a tongue that brings the towball back up to the ADR height, which is 400-450mm to the top of the towball. This will make the trailer sit level, then load your trailer so that it doesn't drop the back of the car any more than 10mm.

Phil the shearer

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 ssv manual ute
Ok cool, your entitled to your own opinion but don't expect everyone to agree with you. Maybe in the future just don't comment if it's negative n non-constructive.

Yep , fair enough.