Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

suspension

Discussion in 'VF Holden Commodore (2013 - 2017)' started by wot recession, May 15, 2014.

1. ducker85

ducker85 Active Member

Members Ride:
    09 VE clubbie R8
    dude drop it, dont comment with such negativity. what are these such survere suspension issues from a 25mm drop?

And seriously I have owned 6-7 cars all with SSSL (ultra low) suspensions over the past 10 years (all daily driven) and have no issues with scraping. you gotta learn to drive the car to suit the terrain.

Because most people upgrade the shocks and choose to replace the spring while everythings apart. The HSVs use different shocks to Holden, when they blow out people just buy new spring n shock packages cheap.

upgrading the suspension on a performance car makes sense. With new springs, shocks, bushes and sway bars any car will ride/drive 100x better then factory and then the suspension setup is tuned to the drivers needs/habits.

You can always buy one and obtain the original gear from HSV still or like myself keep everything so it can be restored before sale.

2. ducker85

ducker85 Active Member

Members Ride:
    09 VE clubbie R8
    looks great mate and not too low either. I honestly wouldn't pick it as "low" if I saw it in the streets, I'd just call it sitting nice

3. Phil the shearer

Phil the shearer New Member

Members Ride:
    2013 ssv manual ute
    Well karma is getting back at me for bagging out people who lower their cars.
    I'm trying to sell my 60th anniversary ute on carsales for what I figure is a fair price , but all I get is scammers sending me text messages. You know? I'm an oceanographer out as sea, but I really like your car , yad, yad a , yad a!

4. 426Cuda

426Cuda SUBLIME!

Members Ride:
    VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
    OP

Your ute looks bloody awesome Mate! Just missing two cylinders Lol. Nah kidding I love SV6's, I've owned three of 'em.

@PtS

Off topic I know but, this thread's about stuffed anyway I think:

Now believe it or not, you're probably a man I'd buy a car off. Anyone that pedantic and negative about mod's must look after their ride! What's the Oceanographer want you to hold it for 3 months until he's back in port or something FFS? They come out of the woodwork don't they.

I'm looking for a first car for my son. I took a VZ Acclaim for a test drive last night. 187K's great price $3K, looked ok, just a couple of small scapes, tyres ok etc. "What's wrong with it Mate?" I ask. "Nuthin, just those two scrapes, other than that it's perrrfect". Okay time for a test drive! Well this was without a doubt the biggest bucket of bolts I've driven in loonnngg time. Everything that could be shagged was. It'd been in a front ender, seatbelts torn, diff clunked, tranny shifted weird and slipped, motor ran...just... but sounded bloody awful, steering wheel turned about 15deg going straight ahead, brake pedal near the floor, both headlights stuffed, seats worn badly. Clearly it'd been a hoon's burnout bomb and flogged to within an inch of its life. Took it back. "Yeah mate near perfect. Lol...I'll get back to you, oh and good luck". Bloody bogans.

5. Not_An_Abba_Fan

Not_An_Abba_Fan Exhaust Guru

Members Ride:
    Strange Rover
    Exactly how old are you Phil?

6. Phil the shearer

Phil the shearer New Member

Members Ride:
    2013 ssv manual ute
    I'm 48
    The scam that's kicking around everywhere at the moment starts with a text inquiring about what it is you are selling,they want you to reply via email ( never do that ) then the scammer says he will buy the item sight unseen, happy with price but he can't meet you in person for a variety of reasons, he will have his agent pick it up.
    Next they want your bank details so they can deposit money in your account then you get some official looking email you've been paid but due to some error you have been slightly overpaid and could you wire the change to someone or other via western union.
    Some people have actually fallen for this scam ,discovering they haven't actually been paid after they wired cash to some scumbag.
    I suspect the scam is pretty much automated it was clear to me that scammer haven't read my ad at all.
    It's probably some program that acquires phone numbers from sites like car sales and runs the whole process automatically.
    Anyway i smelled a rat immediately the first time, but I keep getting attempted scams and no legit interested parties.
    Yep, I'm anal about my ute, it's my pride and joy. When I think about just how many sheep I had to shear to pay for it....
    Not against modifications per se, I would love to turf the whole sound system in my ve, it's crap!
    I understand why people go in search of more power etc
    Just not a fan of lowering already low vehicles. I have witnessed a variety of people have a variety of problems with them and it makes me laugh.

7. Not_An_Abba_Fan

Members Ride:
    Strange Rover
    48 and reckon you're old? I'm 45 and never get tired of a nice sounding or looking car. IMO, most stock height cars look pretty ordinary. Then again, most lowered cars look ordinary when not done right.

8. sidecar55

sidecar55 Member

Members Ride:
    VE SS Sportwagon
    Ha Ha! I'm 54 this year, VE SS Sportwagon with CAI, exhaust & tune. I ride a Triumph Sprint RS that's been modded a fair bit & race and LCR roadrace sidecar that I won the Australian title on last year. I'm too busy to slow down!:yahoo:

9. Not_An_Abba_Fan

Members Ride:
    Strange Rover
    And the young'uns think they are hoons......

10. GH05T

GH05T New Member

Members Ride:
    VF SSV Ute
    not a great photo but love my ride height on coilovers.

[​IMG]

11. wot recession

wot recession call me wotman

Members Ride:
    VF SV6 auto Ute.
    perfection.

12. 2014SS

2014SS New Member

Members Ride:
    VF SS Storm Ute
    nice stance on the ute, what's the measurements (hub-guards) and are they 19s or 20s

Mine in running standard wheels and sits flat at 200mm front and rear, expecting a 5-10-mm drop when they add the slimeline, not sure if the front will raise, but I was thinking about 160 to 165s (160F/165R)

13. GH05T

GH05T New Member

Members Ride:
    VF SSV Ute
    i will have a measure later if you want.
    they are the standard 19s (SSV)

also i just moved house, loaded ute right up plenty of times and the coilovers handled it well, i stiffened the dampers for the big stuff anf it took it all in stride, even at that height.
    didnt need to rase them up once which i was happy about.

14. Black X

Black X New Member

Members Ride:
    VF SS Redline Ute
    What coilovers did you go for?