Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

suspension

christov

RFFN RFFR
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, BMW M4 Coupe, Harley V-Rod
I don't understand why people wanna lower their vehicles. The sv6 is low enough as it is. It's not a race car, its supposed to be a utility vehicle. You wanna tow something , so why the hell you wanna lower it????
Have anice time enjoying the trouble lowering your vehicle is going to cause you.
Just my opinion , but I truly hate the look of a lowered vehicle, especially holden utes.
Don't mean to be mean but think about what you are doing, in the end you are sacrificing practicality and ride comfort for looks. You think it looks great lowered, fair enough ,its your ute.
I think lowered utes look ridiculous, they are like going for a ride in a high powered suspensionless go kart!

Why waste your time if you aren't willing to help?

Their are a number of options you could try - as mentioned heavy duty springs, stiffer shocks, air bags or coilovers.

I would suggest ringing Pedders, they are pricey but very good quality IMO.

GH05T

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
not sure if these are suitable however i have these in my ssv ute...

http://www.pedders.com.au/sites/default/files/PS_images/tradeNews/pdf/tn1383871024.pdf

they are height adjustable so you can set them up for towing days in the rear and then revert for normal driving.

also they are damper adjustable so you can stiffen and soften the front and rear seperatly again for towing and non towing. and they go from soft (like normal dampers just a bit firmer) to very hard.

again not sure if they are suitable for towing but these feel great and givs you the best of both worlds... they do cost 2k though.

might be worth a look, hope that helps.

wot recession

call me wotman
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 auto Ute.
Thanks for all the positive and negative feed back.
I was told an air bag cant be installed.
I have decided to use.
Hayman Reese - Weight Distribution Systems - hayman reese
For the lowering haters.
My Ute is for getting me to work and back.
It does not get used as a work vehicle.
I pull a double ski trailer to the ramp and back on the weekends.
Thus why I lowered it.
It looks a sh*t load better than standard.
Picture attached.
20140430_171935.jpg

Phil the shearer

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 ssv manual ute
Well I looked at the photo , and I think it looks bad. I hate lowered vehicles and I just piss myself laughing at those people that have lowered and have to endure the resulting problems .
I hav a 60th anniversary sv6 ute in standard trim , I have to be very careful re steep driveway entries, parking curbs etc. it truly is low enough as it is.
I like that you love your ute, I absolutely love holden utes myself. It's just that the gutter scraping look, looks absolutely ridiculous to me, like a badly designed billy cart!
Why do you think it looks better? And why are you keen to endure the problems lowering can bring , just to achieve your look?
I'm not trying to demean you, it's just that I really don't get it.
To my way of thinking, suspension travel is there for a reason and ground clearance is there for a reason.
Low centre of gravity and minimal ground clearance / ground effect is important in a vehicle designed to race on paved circuits , but why the hell chase that for a street registered vehicle?
Just don't get it ???

wot recession

call me wotman
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 auto Ute.
Mine isnt as low as most.
The reason I did it, is it looks better.
The problem with towing will be resolved.
The standard look just bugs me.
you got to remember, my ute is not a work ute.
if I wanted a real ute for work. I would have bought another Ford.
P.s.I didn't take offense to you comments.

Phil the shearer

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 ssv manual ute
Fair enough I guess. I suppose its because I'm old that I don't get it.
I have followed a thread here where a bloke bought a new redline ute in phantom black ( my dream machine) and has slowly but surely ruined it ( in my opinion ) pavement scraping lowering mod, black plasti , spray painted rims , blacked out lights chrome bits etcetera .
It was a beautiful ute when he first got it, to me it now looks terrible. He's spent thousands on it and I believe that if he needs to sell it for some ,reason, every dollar he spent , he will not get back, plus his vehicle is severely devalued due to what he has done to it .
Hope you live your ute and want to keep it for many years

wot recession

call me wotman
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 auto Ute.
Funny how you mention being old.
The older I get. The tougher I need my toys too look.
it makes me feel younger.

Phil the shearer

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 ssv manual ute
I'm a bit the same way, I'm sort of going off the idea of buying a new redline ute.
It's because there are some awesome hsv maloo r8's on car sales at the moment . I have always longed for one of those, but most of those that I look at on carsales.com , are lowered. I just cannot get my head around why anyone would want to lower a maloo r8.??
I would never buy a vehicle that has been lowered.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
I'm a bit the same way, I'm sort of going off the idea of buying a new redline ute.
It's because there are some awesome hsv maloo r8's on car sales at the moment . I have always longed for one of those, but most of those that I look at on carsales.com , are lowered. I just cannot get my head around why anyone would want to lower a maloo r8.??
I would never buy a vehicle that has been lowered.

We get it Phil we get it. You hate lowered cars, it ruins them, they look ridiculous and you just don't get it! Fair enough bloke but can we move onto the next point? Just accept that not everyone has the same opinion as you, irrespective of whether you are right, wrong or indifferent! Personally I would never lower my Redline sedan as for me it has the best balance of handling and ridability. But I LOVE the look of some of the Redlines on here that have been lowered and totally understand why the guy's do it. Is it a tradeoff for drivability? Yes, but that is understood and accepted.